CHAPTER IV. CARGO
23. EXECUTION OF AIR WAYBILL
- (A) Preparation by Shipper
- (1) The shipper shall make out, or have made out on his behalf, an air waybill in the form, manner and number of copies prescribed by ANA, and shall deliver such air waybill to ANA simultaneously with the acceptance of the shipment by ANA for carriage by charter flight. The issuance by ANA of the air waybill shall constitute the conclusion of contract with shipper for carriage of cargo by charter flight pursuant to the charter agreement. No amount of rates or charges shall be entered in the air waybill; instead, the identification of the charter flight will be shown.
- (2) ANA may require the shipper to make out, or have made out on his behalf, separate air waybill when all of the shipment cannot, without breach of Applicable Laws or ANA's Regulations, be carried on one air waybill.
- (B) Apparent Order and Condition of Cargo
- If the apparent order and conditions of the cargo and/or packing is not good the shipper shall insert in the air waybill what the apparent order and conditions is. However, if the shipper fails to do so, or if such statement is inaccurate, ANA may insert in the air waybill a statement of the apparent order and conditions or note a correction thereon.
- (C) Preparation, Completion or Correction by ANA
- ANA may at the respect of the shipper, expressed or implied, make out the air waybill, in which event, subject to proof to the contrary, ANA shall be deemed to have done so on behalf of the shipper. If the air waybill handed over with the cargo does not contain all the required particulars, or if it contains any error, ANA completes or corrects it to the best of ANA's ability without being under any obligation to do so.
- (D) Responsibility for Particulars and Statements
- The shipper is responsible to ANA and all other persons for the correctness and completeness of the particulars and statements which he inserts in the air waybill, or which ANA inserts on his behalf. The shipper shall be liable for all damages suffered by ANA or any other persons by reason of the irregularity, in correctness or incompleteness of said particulars or statements, whether the air waybill was made out by or on behalf of the shipper or by ANA (or completed by ANA) on behalf of the shipper pursuant to Paragraph (C) above.
- (E) Alternation
- ANA will not accept an air waybill, if any part of it is mutilated of if it has been altered or erased by other than ANA.