TAM Airlines joined as a partner airline on May 13, 2010, as our network continues to expand!
Starting date of mileage
From May 13, 2010
Eligible flights for mileage accrual
TAM Airlines and TAM Mercosur flights
Accrual rate according to boarding class
（F, P, A）
（C, D, J, Z）
（B, E, U, S, M, H, K, G, Q, V, L）
- Air tickets or Boarding passes used when boarding after issuing and purchasing under the member's name are eligible.
- The mileage accrual rate when using Child fare is based on the boarding class of the air ticket in the same manner as when using Adult fare.
- Not eligible if boarding is cancelled due to any reason such as delay or cancellation.
- Free air tickets, various special award discounts, and Flight Awards are not eligible for mileage accrual.
- Registrations made in combination with other partner airline mileage programs cannot be accepted.
- Earned miles that have been registered once with another airline mileage program cannot be transferred to the ANA Mileage Club. Also, earned miles that have been registered with the ANA Mileage Club cannot be transferred to other airline mileage programs.
- When upgrading without payment for a different mileage amount, mileage will be accumulated based on the cabin class listed on the air ticket. When downgrading, it will be based on the boarding class only.
Redeem miles to Awards
Acceptance period for Award Reservations
From May 13, 2010
*Reservation for each flight schedule are required from 330 days to 7 days prior to you boarding (excluding the date of departure).
All flights operated by TAM Airlines and TAM Mercosur
Required miles for using Awards
Required miles for using Flight Awards will be calculated according to the total distance of itinerary (total of basic mileage for each segment.) Click here to see more details.
For Continental Airlines First class, required mileage will be for business class.
Conditions for using awards
- Required to use one airline or two or more Star Alliance Member Airlines flights can be used. In this case, the airlines can be combined flexibly.
- Code share flights operated by other airlines with a TAM Airlines and TAM Mercosur flight number are not eligible for using awards.
- Please note that there may be seasonal flights or cancellations.
- Open ticketing is not available. Confirmation of award reservations for all segments on round trips is required.
- A maximum of 12 segments per itinerary are allowed.
- One-way trips are not eligible when using awards.
- The location or country of original departure cannot be used as a transfer point to a final destination.
- A maximum of four stopovers (stay of more than 24 hours) per itinerary are permitted. (1 Japan domestic stopover when departing from overseas is allowed. No stopover is permitted when departing from Japan. There is a limit of 2 stopovers in Europe.) Also, the stopover limit is one location per city. Ground transportation during the itinerary is considered as a stopover.
- Stopovers or using ground transportation in the country of origin is not permitted when the itinerary includes more than two countries.
- Awards can be used for one cabin class only. However, if different classes are used during the trip, the required mileage for the award will be the award mileage required for the higher class.
- Stand-by reservations for Flight Awards cannot be accepted.
- Star Alliance Upgrade Awards are not eligible.
- Validity: One year from the date of ticket issue.
- Changes to flight or date can be accepted before the departure listed on the first itinerary, and before starting any travel, up to 330 days but not less than 7 days prior to the date of flight departure, if such a request is made in advance. However, passenger name, segments, and boarding class cannot be changed.
- Flight Awards may not be used during blackout periods. Also, seats for Flight Awards are subjected to availability at all times (Award seats may not be available on some fights.) Please note that seats may be unavailable for awards, even if seats are available for paid tickets.
- Any associated charges such as taxes, airport fees, or special fuel costs arising from the award acquisition or use must be covered by the award user. Required tax, airport fee, special fuel cost, etc. must be paid in advance upon ticket issue by the member or when using the passenger's credit card.
- Please use tickets in the order itinerary segments are listed on the ticket.
- Flight Awards are not eligible for mileage accrual.
- In the event of flight delays or cancellations, alternative means of transportation or accommodation will not be provided.
- Except for eligible cases which fall under "Award Mileage Refund Services" listed below, miles that have been redeemed once for awards cannot be returned to the mileage account or exchanged for other awards even before the award reaches the member's registered address or in the event that the award has not been used.