ANA Starts To Offer TSA Pre✔® from October 25th, 2017
～ ANA has been approved as the first Japanese Carrier participating in TSA Pre✔® ～
Tokyo, October 25, 2017 - Today, All Nippon Airways (ANA), Japan's largest and only 5-Star airline, became the country's first carrier to participate in TSA Pre✔® (TSA Pre-check), which is managed by the Transportation Security Administration (TSA), under the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
TSA Pre✔® is an expedited security screening program allowing TSA Pre✔® approved travelers to proceed through dedicated lanes at security check points, at all nine ANA serving airports in the U.S. This dedicated lane allows the program approved passengers to go through the security check points without removing shoes, belts, light jackets, laptops or liquids. Children aged 12 and under may be accompanied by an eligible traveler though TSA Pre✔®.
As of October 25, 2017, following travelers are welcome to use the TSA Pre✔® when traveling on ANA Flights:
- Members of the TSA Pre✔® Application Program
- Members of Global Entry*1
- Members of NEXUS*2 who are U.S. or Canadian citizens or U.S. lawful permanent residents
- Members of SENTRI*3 who are U.S. citizens or U.S. lawful permanent residents
- U.S. Department of Defense active duty and civilian employees
Travelers who wish to join this program can file an application to the TSA at: https://www.tsa.gov/precheck
Eligible travelers are able to enjoy the benefit of TSA Pre✔® only if the carrier operating the flight they take is approved as a participating carrier of the program. Therefore, ANA has strived to join this program, and obtained the approval from the TSA as the first Japanese carrier, and one of the few outside of the U.S. airlines, to enable its customers to utilize the program when they fly with ANA on/after October 25, 2017.
With this program, ANA will facilitate seamless travel experiences for its customers departing from cities in the U.S.
- *1 An immigration program managed by the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) that allow expedited clearance for pre-approved, low-risk travelers upon arrival in the United States. (Certain nationalities are eligible for the application.)
- *2 An immigration program managed by the CBP that allows pre-screened travelers expedited processing when entering the United States and Canada.
- *3 An immigration program managed by the CBP that allows expedited clearance for pre-approved, low-risk travelers upon arrival in the United States at Southern land border ports.
Contact: Naheel Dajany and Miku Kaminogo ANA Corporate Communications TEL +81-3-6735-1111
ANA is the largest airline in Japan by revenues and passenger numbers. Founded in 1952, ANA flies today on 87 international routes and 121 domestic routes. The ANA group has 35,000 employees and a fleet of about 250 aircraft. In FY2016, it carried 52.1 million passengers and generated revenues of 1.77 trillion Japanese yen. ANA has been a member of Star Alliance since 1999, and has joint-ventures with United Airlines on trans-Pacific and Asia routes, and with Lufthansa, Swiss International Airlines and Austrian Airlines on Japan-Europe routes. Its Frequent Flyer Program, ANA Mileage Club, has more than 26 million members. ANA was voted Airline of the Year for 2013 by Air Transport World Magazine, and in 2017 was awarded five stars for the fifth consecutive year by the world's leading Airline and Airport review site, SKYTRAX. ANA is the launch customer and biggest operator of the Boeing 787 Dreamliner.