In accordance with a directive issued by the Japanese Ministry
of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism, from April 1, 2009, for
the safety of all passengers, emergency exit row seats will be limited
to passengers that satisfy all the conditions below.
*Passenger who does not meet all the conditions above may be requested to change a seat.
- Aged 15 years or above
- Not accompanying children (Domestic: under 8 years of age / International:under 12 years of age)
- Does not require the assistance of an escort or staff
- Is capable of assisting in an emergency evacuation, such as opening or closing an aircraft door
- Can understand evacuation procedures and crew's instructions, and verbally convey such information to other passengers
- Can communicate in Japanese or English
- Does not have to assist an accompanying passenger in an emergency evacuation
*Passenger seated in emergency exit row seat must store all the belongings in the overhead compartment.
Passengers seated in emergency exit row seats will be requested to assist during an emergency evacuation under instructions of cabin crew. Click here for details.
We would appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
All Nippon Airways Co., Ltd.