Chapter 4 Handling personal information
Article 19 Purpose of using personal information
- Personal information obtained from members will be used for the following purposes:
- (1) Reservations, ticket sales, check-in, airport services, and in-flight services with regard to air freight services
- (2) Reservations, ticket sales, check-in, and airport services for interline transportation, wet lease, code share, intermodal transportation, and commissioned transportation
- (3) Service provisions for ANA Mileage Club members
- (4) Guidance, provision, and management of services and products offered by ANA
- (5) All operations incidental or related to the above (1) - (4)
- (6) Implementation of questionnaires concerning services and products, etc. offered by ANA
- (7) Development of new services and products
- (8) Guidance, operation, management, and information provision for various events and campaigns
- (9) Notification of services and products offered by ANA
- (10) Guidance, operation, management, and information provision for services, products, and various events and campaigns offered by ANA Group companies and their partner companies
- (11) Response to inquiries and requests
- If members do not wish to provide information necessary for membership application or if members cannot agree to the handling of personal information described in this chapter, ANA may decline the applications or cancel the membership.
- Even if the membership applications were declined, the fact that applications have been submitted will be used for a certain period regardless of the reasons for the decline, but it will not be used in any other scope.
Article 20 Proper management
As part of the operation of the AMC, ANA recognizes the importance of personal information provided by the members and will handle it with extreme caution under strict management. Furthermore, ANA has established company regulations and systems that ensure the proper and safe management of personal information.
Article 21 Data sharing
As part of the operation of AMC, ANA shall share personal information of the members as follows.
Provision of travel services
Scope of data sharing
ANA Sales Co., Ltd. companies *1
Air Japan Co., Ltd.
ANA WINGS Co., Ltd.
Purpose of use by the user
Provision of travel services, such as tours and hotels, as well as provision of information required for other related operations
Provision of air transportation services
Personal information items to be shared
AMC number, Customer name, Address, Telephone and Fax numbers, E-mail address, Business contact (Name of company, Department, Title, Address, Telephone and Fax numbers), Mailing address, Member card type, Member service qualification, Membership area, Mileage status, Credit card number and expiration date, etc.
AMC number, Customer name, Address, Telephone and Fax numbers, E-mail address, Business contact (Name of company, Department, Title, Address, Telephone and Fax numbers), Mailing address, Member card type, Member service qualification, Membership area, Mileage status, Credit card number and expiration date, Boarding history, etc.
Party responsible for the management of personal information
*1 ANA Sales Co., Ltd. companies
(ANA Sales Co., Ltd., ANA Tours China Co., Ltd., ANA Sales Americas, ANA Sales Europe Ltd.,ANA Sales France S.A.S)
Article 22 Business entrustment
From time to time, ANA may entrust its business operations concerning AMC to third parties to which personal information may also be disclosed to the extent required.
Article 23 Disclosure, correction, deletion, addition, discontinuance and erasure based on Personal Information Protection Act
Member's request submitted in the manner specified for the disclosure, correction, deletion, addition, discontinuance or erasure of their personal information held by ANA shall be accommodated within a reasonable time frame and to a reasonable extent, once the identity of the requesting party is confirmed to be the member in question. A fee will be charged for disclosure, etc. A member can easily confirm their personal information on the website of ANA.
Article 24 Handling personal information on ANA card and affiliated cards
The handling of personal information of members of ANA card and affiliated cards concerning the AMC is as described in this chapter. However, each partner credit card company or program partner issuing an affiliated card has its own policy on handling personal information, and each card holder should check such information.
Article 25 Notification of personal information changes
Members must notify the AMC Service center regarding any changes in the registered personal information. ANA card members should also contact the relevant partner credit card company. In case of affiliated cards, members should notify the program partners issuing these cards.
Chapter 5 Termination of membership
Article 27 Procedure of membership withdrawal
Members can withdraw their membership from the AMC by notifying the AMC Service Center of their intention. ANA card members should contact the relevant partner credit card company. In case of affiliated cards, members should also notify the participating program partners issuing these cards of their intention.
Article 28 Cancellation of membership
If no mileage is accrued for three years, the membership may be canceled.
Article 29 Suspension of member privileges/awards
Dishonest acquisition of mileage, improper use of awards, violation of the program rules or procedures, false notification, behavior described in Article 19-2, or other behavior that significantly damages the trust relationship with ANA will result in cancellation of membership, including suspension of the "Diamond Service", "Platinum Service", and "Bronze Service", loss of all accumulated mileage, suspension of the use of all unused awards, and restitution may be demanded. In addition, these members may also be denied of any subsequent participation in AMC.
Article 30 Death of a member
Mileage accumulated by the member can be passed to the legal beneficiary in the event of the member's death. The beneficiary will be required to present the member's death certificate and conclusive evidence, such as a court order, that he/she is entitled to inherit such accrued mileage within 6 months after the member's death. If such claim is not made within the period, mileage accumulated by the member in question will be canceled.
Article 31 Handling mileage after membership withdrawal
Excluding cases stipulated in the previous article, miles belonging to members who have withdrawn from the membership or have lost their qualification may not be redeemed for awards.
Article 32 Procedure after termination of membership
When a membership is terminated due to any cause referred to in the articles of this chapter, members should return their membership cards immediately.
Chapter 6 Others
Article 33 Measures against illicit activities
Dishonest acquisition of mileage, improper use of awards, violation of the program rules or procedures, false notification, or other illicit activities may result in legal measures such as compensation claim (including attorney's fee and cost of lawsuit) as needed, in addition to measures described in Article 29. Members or travelers who have illicitly used flight awards or upgrade awards are required to pay regular fares.
Article 34 Notification of program termination
- ANA reserves the right to terminate the AMC program on its own accord. Except otherwise provided, unused mileage accumulated by members will be canceled and the use of unused awards will be suspended.
- In the event of AMC program termination, ANA will inform the members at least 3 months in advance.
Article 35 Program changes
Various terms and conditions, including the AMC rules, regulations, awards, mileage accrual levels and conditions, are subject to changes without notice, regardless of their effects on the value of mileage already accumulated by members.
Article 36 Revision of regulations
The contents of regulations, notices, etc. and other information listed on pamphlets published on the ANA website take precedence over any previously published contents. If the most recently printed version of the above information differs from its earlier versions, the most recently printed version will be considered the revised and current version.
Article 37 Campaigns for specific members
ANA may target specific member groups for special bonus miles, awards, and other campaign benefits depending on the accumulated mileage, residential area or other conditions for participating in AMC membership.
Article 38 Direct mailing rights
ANA has the right to send campaign information and other advertising materials by direct mail or email. All mailing can be stopped if the members request so to the AMC Service Center.
Article 39 Use of electronic money
Some member cards come with IC (electronic money) functions. The electronic money function is serviced by the value issuer of each card and is governed by regulations stipulated by each company. ANA shall not be liable for the electronic money service. The value issuer of each card is marked on the back of the card.