TOKYO July 27, 2012 - ANA Group, Japan's largest Airline, today announces plans to introduce new menus on international flights between Japan and North America and Japan and Europe. The menus have been created in collaboration with renowned culinary establishments in Tokyo and Paris.
The new a la carte menus, which will be available to Business Class passengers, will feature meals created by Sekiyou, a Michelin 2-star (*1) Japanese ryokan in Yugawara Onsen from September to November 2012 and by Signature, the Michelin 1-star (*2) French-inspired dining restaurant at Mandarin Oriental Tokyo from December 2012 to February 2013.
Furthermore, following the success of the desserts created by Pierre Hermé Paris introduced in June 2012 for First Class passengers, ANA plans to renew its range of desserts in September 2012 and simultaneously introduce Pierre Hermé original desserts in the Business Class menus.
The new menus will allow passengers to enjoy Japan's exceptional originality and flourishing innovative spirit, which resonates with the concept of ANA's product and service brand "Inspiration of Japan".
- *1First awarded in Michelin Guide Tokyo, Yokohama, Shonan 2012
- *2 Awarded for the fifth consecutive year in Michelin Guide Tokyo, Yokohama, Shonan 2012
1.Sekiyou of Yugawara Onsen Collaboration Menu
- - The menu recreates Sekiyou's distinctive breakfast and includes whitebait rice, simmered alfonsino, and thick rolled egg, among other dishes.
- - Available from September until November 2012 for Business Class passengers on routes from Japan to North America and Europe.
- - The menu will be available after the first meal service as one of the à la carte choices offered before arrival.
2. Signature at Mandarin Oriental Tokyo Collaboration Menu
- - Available from December 2012 until February 2013, for Business Class passengers on routes from Japan to North America and Europe.
- - The menu will be available as one of the à la carte choices offered before arrival.
- *The menu is currently under design
3. Pierre Hermé Collaboration Menu
Pierre Hermé, said to be the "Picasso of Pastry", has designed a new range of exclusive desserts that can be savored only on ANA flights. First Class and Business Class passengers will be able to enjoy the exquisite flavors and artistic beauty of these treats and experience a sweet moment of bliss.
- (Left)Whisky-flavored Baba - Whisky-flavoured Baba, Whisky-flavoured jelly, chocolate-flavoured whipped cream and ice-cream
- (Middle)Mogador delight - Mogador soft cake, caramel pan-fried bananas, passion fruit ice-cream
- (Right)Mont-Blanc my way - Soft chestnut-flavoured biscuit, mixed rosehip and strawberry compote, French meringue, chestnut vermicelli, vanilla-flavoured mascarpone custard, dairy ice-cream
- (Left) September
Ispahan - Litchees, raspberry coulis and sorbet, rose-flavoured mascarpone custard, Ispahan diamond shortbread
- (Center) October
Satine - Orange marmalade, passion fruit sorbet, satin-smooth mascarpone and cream-cheese custard, orange-flavoured shortbread
- (Right) November
Infiniment chocolat - Chilled chocolate soup, heart of Guanaja ice-cream, chocolate-flavoured whipped cream, brownies with almond chips, flower of salt chocolate shortbread
- - Available from September until November 2012, for First Class and Business Class passengers on routes from Japan to North America and Europe
- - The desserts will be offered as the final course of the first in-flight meal. First Class passengers can choose from the three types of dessert menu. Business Class passengers will be able to enjoy the desserts on a monthly basis.
Contact: Ryosei Nomura and Megumi Tezuka, ANA Public Relations TEL +81 3 6735 1111
About ANA Group
All Nippon Airways (ANA) is the ninth largest airline in the world by revenues and the largest in Japan by passenger numbers. Founded in 1952, it flies today to 76domestic and international cities in a fleet of 231aircraft serving a network of 174routes. ANA has 33,000 employees and operates about 1,000 flights a day. In 2011, it carried 43 million passengers and generated revenues of $17.1bn. ANA has been a core member of Star Alliance since 1999 and launched a joint-venture with United Airlines on trans-Pacific and Asia routes in April 2011; ANA launched a joint-venture with Lufthansa on Japan-Europe routes in October 2011. ANA has more than 23 million members belong to its Frequent Flyer Program (ANA Mileage Club). ANA is the launch customer for the world's newest and most advanced passenger aircraft, the Boeing 787 Dreamliner