Mileage Accrual Terms and Conditions for ANA Partner Airlines
The basic sector mileage is multiplied by the accrual rate for the relevant fare type to calculate the amount of mileage that will be earned from an international flight.
The accrual rates which correspond to each fare type differ according to the partner airline.
Basic sector mileage is based on the Ticketed Point Mileage (TPM) that is published by the International Air Transport Association (IATA) every autumn.
This published TPM is applicable to the subsequent 1-year period starting from January 1.
- For Mileage Accrual: Flights used from January 1 to December 31
- For Awards: Tickets issued from January 1 to December 31
Mileage Accrual Eligibility
- Only flights which are used by the AMC member themselves are eligible for mileage accrual.
- The same accrual rate applies to both child fares and adult fares.
- For upgrades which do not involve payment of any fare differences (including ANA Upgrade Awards), mileage accrual is calculated according to the class of the originally purchased ticket. However, if an upgrade award from an ANA partner airline's frequent flyer program is used, the originally purchased ticket will not be eligible for AMC mileage accrual.
- Even for upgrades which involve payment of fare differences, mileage accrual may still be calculated according to the class of the originally purchased ticket.
- For downgrades, mileage accrual is calculated according to the travel class that is actually used.
- Bonus miles are only accrued if the miles for the eligible flight have been registered to AMC.
- Even if a customer reserves and uses multiple seats (to accommodate carry-on baggage such as musical instruments or art works), mileage will only be accrued for 1 seat.
- For partner airline sectors within ANA fare itineraries, the accrual rates may differ according to the airline.
- Accrual rates for Star Alliance Round the World Fares differ according to the airline.
- Accrual rates and booking classes that are eligible for accrual may change without notice.
- Each partner airline may have their own fares (booking classes) and flights which are not eligible for mileage accrual.
Not Eligible for Mileage Accrual
- Complimentary tickets
- Award tickets
- Special discount tickets
- Charter flights
- *Even if you had completed the mileage registration procedures, there may be cases when mileage accrual may not be processed automatically due to system-related issues, etc., at the airline which operated the flight. Please retain all documents which are required for retroactive mileage registration (boarding pass, passenger ticket receipt, and e-Ticket Itinerary Receipt) until after you have confirmed that mileage from your flight has been credited to your mileage account.
- *Mileage will not be accrued if the flight is not actually used. (This includes cases involving delays and cancelations.)
- *Duplicate mileage registration with partner airline frequent flyer programs is prohibited.
- *Mileage which had been registered to a frequent flyer program (including mileage registered with another airline's temporary frequent flyer card) cannot be transferred to AMC. Likewise, mileage which had been registered to AMC cannot be transferred to another airline's frequent flyer program.
Mileage Accrual Terms and Conditions for Codeshare Flights
- If a codeshare flight is operated with the aircraft and crew of another airline which has a mileage agreement with ANA, and a customer reserves and uses said codeshare flight under the ANA flight number, said codeshare flight will be counted as a flight that is operated by the ANA partner airline for mileage accrual purposes.
- Codeshare flights that are operated by Star Alliance member airlines will be considered as being a flight by the operating airline for mileage accrual purposes regardless of the flight number under which the reservation was made.
- *When using a codeshare flight that is operated by an ANA partner airline, mileage accrual will be based on the operating airline's booking class accrual rates. Therefore, accrual rates may differ and there may also be cases when mileage is not accrued. We thank you for your understanding.
- *If the codeshare flight is operated under a codeshare agreement between the ANA partner airline and another airline, said flight may not be eligible for mileage accrual.
- *Shandong Airlines flights (including codeshare flights) are not eligible for mileage accrual.
Flight Number Indication
Flights are indicated with the flight number of the operating airline in the Members-only Features and mileage statements.
Bonus miles are only indicated as accrued in the Members-only Features and mileage statements if the operating airline's flight is eligible for mileage accrual.
Premium Points can only be accrued when using mileage accrual-eligible fares on flights operated by the ANA Group or a Star Alliance member airline, and only when miles from the eligible flight are registered to AMC.