on July 19th , 2019 (JST) current information
Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport (BOM) to Downtown Mumbai (Colaba District)
Prepaid (paid in advance) or by taximeter
- Platform: International Terminal (T2) Level 1
- Time required: Approx. 60 to 120 minutes (will take considerably longer during morning and evening rush hours)
- Fare: Rs700 to 800 to the Colaba area (including parking fees, +25% from 0:00 am to 5:00 am)
- Operating hours: 24 hours
- In general, taxis with meters are 10 to 20% cheaper than prepaid taxis
The nearest station, Andheri, is accessible by bus and taxi from the airport for train services to Churchgate Station in downtown Mumbai. Although this is an option during off-peak times, it would not be practical to travel on this train service with luggage during morning and evening rush hours.
The Metro Line 1 that opened in 2014 is a line that runs only past the north side of the airport. Airport Road Metro Station that is the closest station is about 2 km north of the terminal and connects to the above Andheri Station. Line 3 from the airport to the city is under construction and is scheduled to open in 2021.
There are no city buses which go directly from the airport to the Mumbai city center without transfer, nor are there any shuttle buses or coaches which call at city hotels. There are multiple city buses from the airport terminal to the nearest train station (Andheri Station), but all of them require transfers or walking connections, so there is no direct route between the airport terminal and the station.
Copyright (C) Globe-Trotter Media Partners Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Copyright (C) Diamond-Big Co., Ltd. All Rights Reserved.