ANA Junior Pilot (Unaccompanied minors) [International Flights]
ANA Junior Pilot (Unaccompanied minors)
Offering ANA Junior Pilot (Unaccompanied minors) to
assist children 5 to 11 years of age traveling alone
on international flights from departure to all the way to arrival.
- * This service applies to only to ANA operated flights.For code-share flights, please check with the operating carrier.
- * ANA offers assistance to children who are 5-13 years old and traveling alone on flights to and from Mexico City.
If you require assistance for a child who is 12-16 years old (or 14-17 years old for flights to and from Mexico City), ANA will provide ANA Airport Support. For some countries, a consent letter signed by a parent or guardian will be required. Please refer to Special guidance for each country in addition.
From the time of booking until prior to departure
Notice for reservations [Reservation required via telephone]
The ANA website does not accept applications for this support service if the child will not be accompanied by a person over 12 years old (or over 18 years old for flights to and from Mexico City). In this case, please apply for the service over the telephone in advance.
Note: When applying for this service over the telephone, please say that you would like to use ANA Junior Pilot.
Preparation for journey
ANA Junior Pilot need to submit a consent form.
Please fill in the required items in advance, print out and bring it with you to the airport.This will allow procedures to run smoothly on the day of departure.
The parent/guardian will need to complete required items on the Consent/Release Form in English. Please submit the form upon check-in at the airport on the day of departure.
* Please download with the passenger's consent.
* A Consent and Release Form must be completed for both the outbound and return flights.
Boarding flights to and from Mexico City
Please Read This Information with Your Child
ANA has created a page that aims to explain the main steps from pre-departure preparations to arrival in a way that is easy for children to understand. Please read this page with your child. You can also print it out for your child to use as a checklist at the airport and while on board.
At the Departure Airport
Please plan on arriving to the airport well in advance, and proceed to the ANA check-in counter.
We will hand your child an ANA Junior Pilot holder, so please make sure this badge holder is worn until the child meets with the parent/guardian.
- *1 Self-service check-in machines cannot be used to check in.We recommend checking in earlier during the summer and winter vacation seasons, and other holidays when airports are especially crowded.
- *2 The "Single Traveler Card" summarizing the points from boarding to arrival is in the holder.
- Note: The parent or guardian must complete the required fields of the application form and the Consent and Release Form in English. (The required fields must be completed in Spanish for flights to and from Mexico City.)
Once preparation for departure is complete, our staff will escort the child from the airport counter to the cabin.
- * Families will be able to accompany the child up to the security checkpoint.Please check with our airport staff as conditions may differ depending on the airport.
Some mobile phones for kids have a particular setting that automatically turns the power on from time to time for sending its location, even though the power was turned off.
Please turn the phone off completely before boarding.
* The information below is about cellular phones for children sold in Japan and directed to customers who live in Japan.
[Cellular phones for children]
・"Kids PHONE" by NTT Docomo
・"Junior Phone mamorino" by au
・"Mimamori Phone" by Softbank
ANA original goods for kids are available during the flights.
Feel free to contact your cabin crew.
* Limited stock only.Please accept our apology if it is out of stock.
Upon arrival, we kindly ask that the child remain seated until escorted by the cabin crew.
* Sample image
At the connecting or arrival airport
Our staff will escort the child to the arrival lobby.
We will ask the person who is picking up the child to present his/her identification card and sign the release form.
Please wait at the arrival exit.
Our staff will gladly assist children with connecting flights.
If your child has a connecting flight operated by another airline, please check conditions for acceptance ahead of time with the operating carrier.Please note that a guardian or other representative must meet and accompany the child at the transit point when connecting to a flight operated by another airline.
Eligible customers: If a child who is 5-11 years old will not be accompanied by a person over 12 years old (or a child who is 5-13 years old and will not be accompanied by a person over 18 years old for flights to and from Mexico City), please ensure that arrangements are made for the child to be escorted to the airport of departure and met at the airport of arrival.
The child discount cannot be applied to a trip in which a child is traveling as an unaccompanied minor from a Japanese airport. Please note that the adult fare will apply. Since the applicable fare varies depending on the country of departure, please inquire over the telephone if the child will be traveling from an airport outside Japan.
Applicability of service based on child's age
Boarding flights to and from locations other than Mexico City
|Age||Accompanying adult (over 12 years old)||ANA Junior Pilot usage|
|4 years old and under||Required||Not available|
|5-11 years old||Not required||Required to use|
|12-16 years old||Not required||Not required (ANA Airport Support is available on request)|
Boarding flights to and from Mexico City
|Age||Accompanying adult (over 18 years old)||ANA Junior Pilot usage|
|Under 4 years old||Required||Not available|
|5-13 years old||Not required||Passenger must use this service in order to board their flight.|
|14-17 years old||Not required||Not required, but a Consent and Release Form must be submitted. ANA Airport Support is available for use on request.|
Other points to note when using this service
- * Your child may not be allowed to board the aircraft if there is an indication that the flight may not operate as scheduled due to the weather conditions, etc.
- * Please note it is necessary to sign the consent and release form that states that the minor is able to understand and follow the instructions of the carrier's staff, and he/she is able to take care of him/herself.
- * "ANA Junior Pilot holder" will be distributed.Please make sure he/she wears the badge around his/her neck.
- * Children using the ANA Junior Pilot service will not be seated in front of emergency exits.Thank you for your understanding.
- * Passengers using "ANA Junior Pilot" service are required to prepare some documents. For further infomation please see Passengers under the age of 18 travelling alone or with the person who is not their parent or guardian to/from Mexico.
Business hours: 6:30-22:00 (All year around)
Dial a number above and select "1" when the automated voice system is prompted.
For passengers who require assistance
For your pleasant journey, ANA is happy to help you.
We provide assistance for expectant mothers.
Passengers traveling with infants or small children
We provide assistance for passengers traveling with infants or small children.
We provide assistance for seniors.
Passengers traveling with pets
We provide assistance for passengers traveling with a much loved pet.
The ANA Group provides assistance for passengers with disabilities or for those who are ill or injured to assure a safe, secure and comfortable travel.