Article 1 (General Terms):
- The ANA Mileage Club Family Account Service (hereinafter as "AFA") stipulated in these Terms and Conditions is a service of the mileage program operated by All Nippon Airways Co., Ltd. (hereinafter as "ANA") for ANA Miieage Club members and their Family Members who reside outside Japan.
- The following people may use the AFA: ANA Mileage Club members and their Family Members who reside outside Japan.
- The ANA Mileage Club Terms and Conditions apply regarding the definition of matters and words not stipulated in this agreement.
- The content of Terms and Conditions included on the latest website and printed materials is given priority over all Term and Conditions and announcements.
Article 2 (Use of the Service, Terms of Membership):
- In order to use the AFA, it is necessary to conduct AFA registration procedures after joining the ANA Mileage Club. The ANA Mileage Club membership number given to each individual member is required when using the AFA.
- Registration for AFA is conducted on a family basis, the Primary Member and Family Members (hereinafter as "members"). Registration may not be conducted on a company or corporation basis.
- ANA Mileage Club members (the Primary Member) and their Family Members living outside Japan may be registered for and use the AFA during the period in which they live outside Japan.
- The Primary Member shall in principle be an ANA Mileage Club member living outside Japan himself or herself, who has registered with ANA after consenting to the AFA Terms and Conditions (referred to as "these Terms and Conditions" herein) and for whom such membership has been approved by ANA after it has conducted the required examination of such registration.
- Up to seven Family Members (a total of up to eight members including the Primary Member) may be registered. These Family Members shall be taken from relatives within two generations of family relationship from the Primary Member, living outside Japan. These Family Members must be registered by the Primary Member through a prescribed method after consenting to these Terms and Conditions, and their membership approved by ANA. If the Primary Member loses his/her status by Prime Member withdrawal or another reason, the Family Members also lose their status at the same time. Upon registration of such a Family Member, documentation must be presented of his or her date of birth, relationship to the Primary Member, and of his or her address outside Japan.
- The Primary Member bears all responsibility for damage to ANA or a third party, and regarding claims for compensation, caused by the Primary Member’s fraudulent application. This includes falsification or deception related to application content, misuse of mileage, falsified Family Member registration, etc.
- Members may not qualify for the AFA under registration of more than one AFA membership. If it has determined that a member has registered under more than one AFA membership, ANA will automatically consolidate such memberships into one.
- In order to be considered to have an address outside Japan, it is necessary to have an actual residence address outside Japan and to register that address with the ANA Mileage Club.
Article 3 (Registration Method):
Registration procedures for AFA shall be conducted based on presentation of the required documents to an ANA Mileage Club Service Center located outside Japan or application to www.ana.co.jp/wws/. ANA will perform screening referring to Article 2 upon application for registration, and approved persons will be registered. Registration may take as long as two weeks.
Article 4 (Registration Fee):
- Upon registration, a handling fee of 1,000 miles applies. Once paid, the handing fee shall not be returned for any reason.
- A registration handing fee of 1,000 miles shall be required for each additional member registration, regardless of the number of members added. No amendment fee shall be charged when cancelling registration.
- Registration fees shall be deducted from the Primary Member's mileage account. Payment may not be completed by adding the miles of multiple members.
- If payment of the specified handling fee cannot be made, registration will not be conducted.
Article 5 (Effectiveness of Eligibility for Membership):
- Use of the AFA shall become possible after eligibility for membership comes into effect, when ANA completes the registration procedures.
- ANA Mileage Club members with registered addresses in Japan may not register for AFA. When a member’s address changes after AFA registration, the member must promptly notify ANA of the change in address.
- When the number of family members located outside Japan increases, whether such family members live with the Primary Member or not, such members may be added as Family Members through application by the Primary Member.
Article 6 (AFA Membership Card):
When a member uses the AFA, the member must present his or her ANA Mileage Club Card.
Article 7 (Invalidation of Registration):
- Cancellation of a member's AFA registration requires submission, by the Primary Member, of the required notice. When the Primary Member cancels his or her own AFA registration, all AFA registrations of his or her Family Members shall also be invalidated.
- When the Primary Member relocates from outside Japan to Japan, the cancellation procedures of paragraph 1 above must be conducted promptly as described under Article 2, Paragraph 3.
- A member's registration shall be no longer valid as soon as it is recognized that ANA has completed the above procedures.
- When the Primary Member relocates to Japan, his or her membership-including Family Memberships will automatically become invalidated.
- If all Family Members cancel their registration, the Primary Member’s registration will also be automatically invalidated.
- In addition to the previous number, membership eligibility will be invalidated if the member no longer fulfills the conditions in Article 2.
- If any of the following items apply to a member, ANA can cancel the registration of the applicable member and all AFA members with no prior notice or warning.
- (1) If the member makes a fraudulent report, such as falsification, when applying for registration.
- (2) If the member violates these Terms and Conditions or the ANA Mileage Club Terms and Conditions.
- (3) If ANA decides the person is not a suitable member based on logical reasons, such as the destruction of the trusting relationship.
Article 8 (Other Terms and Conditions):
- In the same manner as notices for the ANA Mileage Club, AFA-related notices and documents shall be sent to the designated address only.
- Should a person registered to the AFA use the service in fraudulent ways; violate these Terms and Conditions, the ANA Mileage Club Terms and Condition, or other procedures; submit false notices or other false information, or take other actions that considerably damage their trusting relationship with ANA. In that case, measures may be taken based on Article 29 of the ANA Mileage Club Terms and Conditions, such as cancelling the Primary Member’s and all his or her Family Member's membership eligibility and ANA Mileage Club membership eligibility.
- Even should a member's eligibility for membership be invalidated through notice given by the member, relocation to Japan, etc., his or her ANA Mileage Club membership shall remain in force.
Article 9 (Types of Benefits):
An AFA member may total the mileage of his or her registered Family Members and exchange these for the following benefits. Benefits may be changed with no prior notice.
- ① ANA international flight awards
- ② ANA Japanese domestic flight awards
- ③ ANA international upgrade awards
- ④ Partner flight awards
- Note: When applying for the benefit under ④ above, at least one of the members whose mileage points shall be combined must have accrued mileage by boarding international ANA Group flights at least once within the three-year period prior to benefit application.
Article 10 (Users and Scope of Benefits):
These benefits may be used by relatives within two degrees of family relationship from the Primary Member (the applicant). (These persons may live inside or outside Japan.) Use of a benefit by a family member other than the Primary Member requires submittal of a separate "Benefit Use Registration". Such registration also requires presentation of a document that can be used to certify the relationship with the Primary Member.
Article 11 (Applying for Benefits):
Application for family use of benefits shall be accepted through Internet or an ANA Mileage Club Service Center established outside Japan and in the region in which the Primary Member resides. The Primary Member himself or herself, with the agreement of the Family Member, must submit application for family use of benefits. Applications for such benefits shall not be accepted from Family Members.
Article 12 (Restrictions on Use of Benefits):
- Except as specifically designated for the AFA, the ANA Mileage Club Terms and Conditions of Membership shall be applied to conversion of miles, methods of adding miles from flights taken, details of benefits, and other matters.
- ANA Mileage Club benefits provided only to members registered to the AFA shall be valid only while such members reside outside of Japan. Such benefits may not be used after cancellation of AFA registration or after relocation to Japan.
- ANA may cancel the AFA or ANA Mileage Club service. In such a case, use of the AFA, accumulation of miles in the ANA Mileage Club, usage of benefits, etc. shall cease at the same time, expect in cases as determined separately.
All Nippon Airways Co.,Ltd.
As of February, 2017