ANA International Flight Award Usage and conditions for ticket issued by April 11, 2015.
We have changed ANA International Flight Award Usage and conditions for ticket issued on/after April 12, 2015.
If you have a ticket issued by April 11, 2015. please see this page for details.
Please refer here for ticket issued after April 12, 2015.
* Links to information on this page.
ANA Group Flights
- ANA (NH)
- Air Japan (NQ)
- * In the case of codeshare flights operated by Air Japan, awards can only be received for flights booked under an ANA flight number.
- * It is possible to combine ANA flights and Air Japan Flights.
- * Flight awards can not be used on codeshare flights operated by other airlines using an ANA flight number, expect in the case of domestic flights. For codeshare flights with an ANA flight number operated by partner airlines, passengers should apply for flight awards from the partner airline.
Number of Sectors
Up to a maximum of 8 sectors (including up to 4 domestic sectors)
- * At least 2 international sectors are required.
Minimum of 12,000 miles
The number of miles required to receive a flight awards depends on the season of use, boarding classes and the sector.
- * Required mileage for child and infant is same as that of adult.
- * When the required number of miles is insufficient, cash and ANA SKY COIN cannot be used to make up the shortfall.
Season Chart L (Low season) R (Regular season) H (High season)
■Europe and U.S.A.: U.S.A., Canada, U.K., France and Germany
|R||2015||3/1～3/31, 5/8～7/30, 8/18～12/17|
|2016||3/1～3/31, 5/10～7/28, 8/23～12/21|
|H||2015||1/1～1/5, 4/24～5/7, 7/31～8/17, 12/18～12/31|
|2016||1/1～1/4, 4/27～5/9, 7/29～8/22, 12/22～12/31|
■China and Asia: China (including Hong Kong), Taiwan, South Korea, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia, India, Philippines and Myanmar, Malaysia
|L||2015||1/5～2/28, 4/1～4/23, 5/8～6/30, 12/1～12/17|
|2016||1/5～1/31, 4/1～4/26, 5/10～6/30, 12/1～12/21|
|R||2015||3/1～3/31, 7/1～8/6, 8/18～11/30|
|2016||2/1～3/31, 7/1～8/4, 8/23～11/30|
|H||2015||1/1～1/4, 4/24～5/7, 8/7～8/17, 12/18～12/31|
|2016||1/1～1/4, 4/27～5/9, 8/5～8/22, 12/22～12/31|
|R||2015||1/5～3/31, 6/1～7/30, 8/18～12/17|
|2016||1/5～3/31, 6/1～7/28, 8/23～12/21|
|H||2015||1/1～1/4, 4/24～5/7, 7/31～8/17, 12/18～12/31|
|2016||1/1～1/4, 4/27～5/9, 7/29～8/22, 12/22～12/31|
- * There are some periods during which International Flight Awards cannot be used. Details are here.
STEP2 Confirm the required number of miles according to seasonality in STEP1
■STEP2-1 Confirm the required number of miles
- Ex: Simplified chart of miles for round-trip (2 sectors) itineraries in Economy Class
- There are cases when seasonal operating or suspension, that you need use transit flight between the segments as below
|Distance of entire itinerary*||Required miles||Applicable routes|
|From Tokyo||From Osaka||From Nagoya|
|Shenyang||Shanghai, Hangzhou, Dalian, Qingdao||Shanghai|
|Dalian, Hangzhou, Xiamen, Qingdao, Beijing, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Taipei, Guangzhou, Manila||Hong Kong, Beijing||Hong Kong|
|Chengdu, Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi, Bangkok, Singapore, Yangon, Kuala Lumpur||-||-|
|Honolulu, Jakarta, Mumbai, Delhi||-||-|
|San Francisco, San Jose, Los Angeles, Seattle, Vancouver||-||-|
|Frankfurt, Munich, Dusseldorf, London, Paris, New York, Chicago, Washington, Houston||-||-|
- * The distance of entire itinerary is the total number of basic mileage for 2 sectors.
If different sectors will be flown in different seasons, the number of miles required for the most expensive season of departure dates for international sectors will apply.
- Ex: for the economy class
Since Regular season is higher than low season, the required mile will be 50,000 mile (Regular season).
■STEP2-2 You can see all required miles with below chart.
Mileage Chart L (Low season) R (Regular season) H (High season) * Unit = Mile
For ANA International Awards, in addition to the required miles shown below award ticket redemption requires the payment of government taxes and carrier-imposed fees starting from $94(as of March 2015) per ticket. The exact amount is subject to change and will vary based upon itinerary, class of service, routing, currency exchange rate. All applicable government taxes and carrier-imposed fees must be paid prior to the issuance of an award ticket.
|Distance of entire itinerary
Total basic mileage of each sector.
|Economy class||Business class||First class|
- * There are no seasonal change to the required number miles for First Class ANA international flights.
- Ticket issued after April 1, 2013
One Year from the Date of Issue
- * The validity period cannot be extended even if the period includes unavailable periods when the flight awards cannot be used.
- Ticket issued by March 31, 2013
You must begin your trip within 1 year from the date of ticket issue. The period of validity is 1 year from the date of departure.
- If you change your departure date
If you change your departure date from the departure date listed on your ticket, then your ticket remains valid for 1 year from your new departure date.
Note that if you change your departure date to a date following the departure date listed on your ticket, you must begin your trip within 1 year of the date the ticket was issued.
- * Ex 1: If you change the departure date on a ticket issued on 06/01/2012 from 08/01/2012 to 07/01/2012, your Award ticket remains valid until 07/01/2013.
- * Ex 2: If you change the departure date on a ticket issued on 06/01/2012 from 07/01/2012 to 06/01/2013, your Award ticket remains valid until 06/01/2014.
"Award User Registration"*(up to 10 people) is required for persons other than the member to use Award tickets. Please register through the members-only features area on the ANA SKY WEB, or request the "Award User Registration Form" from the ANA Mileage Club Service Center.
The Awards user may be asked to provide documentation proving a family relationship with the member.
- There are some periods when Flight Awards cannot be used. The number of Award seats is limited.(Award seats may not be available on some flights.)Please note that seats may be unavailable for Awards, even if seats are available for paid tickets.
- Departure/arrival times and aircraft type are subject to change without prior notice.
- Any taxes, airport fees, fuel surcharges, or other incidental fees necessary to issue a ticket will be charged in advance to the credit card.
- Please note that any required taxes, airport fees, fuel surcharges, or other incidental fees may be charged separately.
- Flight Awards are ineligible for mileage accrual.
- In the event of flight delays or cancellations, alternative means of transportation or accommodation will not be provided.
- Miles that you have redeemed for an Award, other than those eligible for the "Unused Awards refund service," cannot be returned to your account or exchanged for another Award, even before you have received or used the award.