Internet Banking [International Flights]
This service is available to customers registered for online banking with one of the applicable financial institutions.
1. Ticket reservations made at the ANA Website
Once you have selected your desired flight, please specify a payment method (Internet banking) for your flight ticket(s).
After you have confirmed that your booking summary and the payment amount are correct, complete the procedure.
Select "Internet Banking" on the purchase completion screen and go to the website of your financial institution to make a transfer.
The customer will be responsible for any bank transfer fee when transfer is made from other than the purchase completion screen.
For the participating financial institutions, please refer to Multi-Payment Service(Japanese only). *
3. An "e-Ticket itinerary receipt" will be sent as an e-mail attachment (PDF).
Once the transfer is complete, you will receive "Your e-Ticket Passenger Receipt (Itinerary)." Please make sure you print these out and bring them with you to the airport.
- • Payment by Internet Banking is not available on code-share flights operated by affiliated airline companies or itineraries that include other airline companies flight names.
- • There is an application period, so Internet Banking may not be available depending on the itinerary.
- • A set fee will be charged for changes and cancellations made after an application has been confirmed. A transfer fee may also be charged depending on the payment method.
- • The customer will be responsible for any transfer fees arising from a refund. For verification purposes, you may also be asked to show official identification.For details, refer toCancellations/Refunds.
- • For information regarding receipt issuing, refer toReceipts [International Flights].
- • Reservations made or changed over the phone with ANA representatives or at counters cannot be paid for on the ANA website.