Built on a foundation of security and trust
“the wings within ourselves” help to fulfill
the hopes and dreams of an interconnected world.
ANA will always offer safe and hospitable service within the air transportation industry, in accordance with the above Mission Statement.
Within ANA’s business operations, our customers’ personal information is essential in order for us to provide fully satisfactory services. We recognize the importance of the information received from our customers, and make efforts to take the utmost care in handling such information. In order to have our customers utilize ANA with a sense of safety and trust, we educate our executives and employees thoroughly about laws and company regulations related to personal information, and have established our company’s structure to include measures for safety, thereby exerting maximum effort toward appropriate management and use of each customer’s personal information.
April 1, 2013
Handling of Personal Information at ANA
2. Scope of application
3. Purpose of using personal information
ANA utilizes personal information obtained from customers for the following purposes:
- (1) Reservations, ticket sales, check-in, airport services, and in-flight services with regard to air transport services
- (2) Reservations, ticket sales, check-in, and airport services for interline transportation, joint acceptance of carriage, code share, successive carriage and consigned carriage
- (3) Service provisions for ANA Mileage Club members
- (4) Guidance, provision, and management of other services and products offered by ANA
- (5) All operations incidental or related to the above (1) – (4)
- (6) Implementation of questionnaires concerning service and products, etc., offered by ANA
- (7) Development of new services and products
- (8) Guidance, operation, management and information provision for various events and campaigns
- (9) Notification of services and products offered by ANA
- (10) Guidance, operation, management and notification of services, products, events and campaigns of ANA Group companies and partner companies
- (11) Response to inquiries and requests
4. Acquisition of personal information
ANA will obtain the following personal information by fair and appropriate means for the purpose of achieving the previously mentioned purposes.
- (1) Personal information provided to ANA by the customer to apply for ANA’s services, etc.
The customer’s name, address, telephone number, fax number, email address, business contact, mailing address, etc.
- (2) Information on ANA Mileage Club membership and information related to the usage of applicable services, etc.
The customer’s ANA Mileage Club membership number, member card type, member service qualification, membership area, mileage status, credit card number and expiration date, need for wheelchair and other special arrangements, flight reservation and cancelation information, boarding status, etc.
ANA will never obtain and use information of a sensitive nature to the customer (hereinafter, “sensitive information”), such as information on race, beliefs, social standing, history of illness, crime records, and history of having been afflicted by crime, unless required by laws and regulations or by the consent of the customer.
5. Choice by the customer
As a rule, ANA obtains personal information by the volition of the customer. Customers may experience disadvantages if they refuse to provide their personal information, such as being unable to make use of the various services provided by ANA, or being unable to receive campaign notices and other ANA information because a part of the functions of ANA’s system become inoperable and thereby unavailable. Please note that customers may change their contact information as well as their decision on whether or not they wish to receive email magazines at any time they wish, in a manner designated separately by ANA.
6. Disclosure and provision of information to a third party
ANA will not disclose or provide personal customer information to any third parties except under the following circumstances. Also, customers’ personal information including sensitive information will not be disclosed or provided to third parties under any circumstances, unless allowed by laws and regulations or by consent of the customer. Note that provision of information to data sharing partners and business entrusted companies are not deemed to constitute disclosure or provision to third parties.
- (1) Customer consent has been obtained.
- (2) Disclosure or provision is required within the scope allowed by laws or regulations.
- (3) Disclosure is required to protect human life, health, or property in cases where obtaining customer consent is difficult.
- (4) Disclosure is required to cooperate with the public affairs of national or local governments, and when obtaining customer consent is likely to hinder the administration of public affairs.
- (5) Disclosure or provision of information as statistical data (in a format that does not disclose the customer's identity).
- (6) Provision of information as a result of the succession of business due to a merger, company split, transfer of business or otherwise.
- (7) Provision of information in accordance to procedures based on laws and regulations, under the condition that the following information can be easily checked by the customers themselves through the ANA website, etc., and that the customers have not declared their wish to refuse provision of their information.
- 1) The purpose of obtaining information is to provide such information to a third party
- 2) Specific personal data items to be provided to a third party
- 3) The means by which such personal information is provided to a third party
- 4) Provisions of information will be suspended upon the customers' request
- 5) Methods for accepting requests from customers
7. Data sharing
ANA will share customer information as follows.
|Scope of Data Sharing||ANA HOLDINGS INC.||Air Japan Co., Ltd
ANA WINGS Co., Ltd.
|ANA Sales Co., Ltd. companies *|
|Purpose of use by the user||
||Provision of air transportation services||Provision of information required for tours, hotels, and other air travel services and related operations|
|Personal information items to be shared||ANA Mileage Club membership number, customer name, address, telephone and fax numbers, email address, business contact (name of company, department, title, address, telephone and fax numbers), mailing address, member card type, member service qualification, membership area, mileage status, credit card number and expiration date, need for wheelchair and other special arrangements, flight reservation and cancelation information, boarding status, etc.||ANA Mileage Club membership number, customer name, address, telephone and fax numbers, email address, business contact (name of company, department, title, address, telephone and fax numbers), mailing address, member card type, member service qualification, membership area, mileage status, credit card number and expiration date, need for wheelchair and other special arrangements, etc.|
|Party responsible for management of personal information||All Nippon Airways Co., Ltd.|
* ANA Sales Co., Ltd. companies:
ANA Sales Co., Ltd.; ANA Tours China Co., Ltd. (Beijing); ANA Tours China Co., Ltd. (Shanghai Branch Office); ANA Sales Americas; ANA Sales Europe Ltd.
8. Business entrustment
In providing products and services to customers, ANA may entrust a part of its business operations to third parties to which personal information may also be disclosed to the extent required to achieve the purpose of the entrustment. In these cases, ANA will implement all appropriate measures in managing and supervising such third parties to safeguard the handling of customers’ personal information, including establishing agreements on the handling of such personal information.
9. Transfer to outside of Japan
If ANA provides customers’ personal information to third party business operators outside of Japan, including business entrusted companies and data sharing partners, ANA will take necessary and appropriate measures in keeping with laws and regulations.
10. Management of personal information
In receiving customers’ personal information, ANA will manage such information according to the strictest standards and take the utmost care to prevent leaks, loss, or alterations. ANA ensures that the board members and employees are properly trained regarding appropriate handling to safeguard the security of information identifying individual customers. An appropriate retention period for personal information will be established in accordance with the purpose for which such information is used. After the purpose of the information has been achieved, ANA will dispose of the information in question by appropriate methods.
11. Disclosure, correction, deletion, addition, discontinuance, and erasure of personal information
If ANA receives a request from a customer, submitted in the manner specified, for the disclosure, correction, deletion, addition, discontinuance, or erasure (hereinafter, “disclosure, etc.”) of the customer’s personal information stored in a database held by ANA, the request will be handled as follows, within a reasonable timeframe and scope, after confirming that the request was submitted by the customer themselves.
- (1) Request for disclosure
Personal information items will be disclosed in accordance with the customer’s request.
- (2) Request for correction, deletion, or addition
Correction, deletion, or addition of personal information will be undertaken wherever possible after due review of the request.
- (3) Request for discontinuance or erasure
The use of personal information items designated by the customer will be discontinued, and the relevant information erased if so desired, in accordance with the submitted request. However, please note that such requests may prevent customers from being provided with services that they had utilized, or may impede the provision of services in accordance to their wishes.
ANA may not be able to fulfill the customers’ requests if compliance with such requests would seriously impact ANA’s business operations, or result in a violation of laws and regulations.
12. Submission of request for disclosure, etc.
The method for submitting requests for disclosure, etc., or notification of purpose of use of personal information (hereinafter, “requests for disclosure, etc.”) received by ANA from customers, are as follows.
Request for disclosure, etc.
(1) Method for submitting request
Please send the required documents by postal mail to the address below.
Personal Information Handling Desk, All Nippon Airways Co., Ltd.
1-331-90 Kaminoshima-cho, Nagasaki-shi, Nagasaki, 850-0078 Japan
(2) Required documents
Documents required for confirmation of identification of individual, etc.
- <For the individual>
- (1) Copies of two from the following: driver’s license, passport, health insurance certificate, basic resident registration card with photo, pension insurance booklet, physical disability certificate, resident card or special permanent resident certificate, certificate of seal registration, Individual Number Card (front page only)
- <For a representative (Both (1) and (2) below are required)>
- (1) Letter of trust (legal representatives must provide a certifying document)
- (2) Documents to identify the representative (copies of two from the following: driver’s license, passport, health insurance certificate, basic resident registration card with photo, pension insurance booklet, physical disability certificate, resident card or special permanent certificate, certificate of seal registration, Individual Number Card [front page only])
A fee equivalent to US$5.00 will be charged for each request of disclosure, etc. For disclosure of multiple reservations and boarding information, each flight will be counted as one item of disclosure. Please note that handling procedures may differ depending on the laws and regulations of the relevant country.
Please note that regular ANA reservation confirmation and boarding confirmations are handled at no charge on the ANA website (www.ana.co.jp) or at the ANA Reservation Center. Changes to the ANA Mileage Club information, such as change of address or discontinuation of ANA Mileage Club membership (excluding discontinuation of credit cards and some partner cards), are also handled at no charge on the ANA website (www.ana.co.jp) or the ANA Mileage Club Service Center. In both cases, requests will only be complied if customer identification can be confirmed.
(as of May 2017)
How we deal with your personal information on our website
By using the ANA website you are deemed to have understood and agreed to the following content:
[Security technology which protects personal information]
Protection of personal information is secured using SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption technology. This means that any information you provided when using this site cannot be accessed by an unauthorised third person. Furthermore, a firewall and anti-virus measures have been installed to prevent disclosure, appropriation, alteration, etc, of personal information.
3.Collection of data
So that our customers can use our website with greater ease, the information below is collected and stored using Cookies*1.
(When the site is accessed via mobile phone, an Individual Identification Number*2 is used to store the information instead.)
· Log-in data for ANA Mileage Club Members
· Data from personalised pages
· Page settings
· Registration data from special campaigns, etc
· Site access history
When we send mail to our customers, the following data may be collected:
· The status of HTML e-mails, ie, whether they have been opened or previewed (using Web beacons*3)
· Whether our site has been accessed via a link in a text e-mail or HTML mail.
- A technology used to identify a user’s computer. The Help button on the tool-bar of almost all browsers explains how to refuse the registration of new Cookies, how to switch off the Cookie function, and can also be used to alert you to a new Cookie.
*2 Individual identification number
- Based on the mobile phone calling in.
*3 Web beacon
- Minute pictures invisible to the naked eye (1x1 pixel GIF) that are embedded into webpages or HTML e-mails and used to record the following data: opening/ previewing of e-mails, and access to websites using links in e-mails. ANA uses Web beacons when distributing HTML e-mail (except reservation related e-mails).