on July 19th , 2019 (JST) current information
Sydney Airport (SYD) to Sydney City
Airport Shuttle Bus
Numerous companies including Redy2GO, Air Bus Sydney, KST Airport Shuttle, etc. offer airport shuttle bus services stopping at hotels in central Sydney. Tickets for Redy2GO can be purchased at the arrival lounge after arriving at the airport. Other buses require reservations made in advance.
- Platform: There are airport shuttle bus stops in front of each arrival lobby in the international terminal (T1) and domestic terminals (T2, T3). (The location of the stop varies with the operating company.) The buses generally leave about every half hour, but may run only when there are enough riders in the early morning or late at night.
- Time required: About 20 to 80 min. (varies greatly depending on the hotel as it goes around to all the hotels).
- Fare: To hotels in the center of Sydney, A$18 to 22 for adults, A$11 to 12 for children, and A$45 for families (2 adults and 2 children). Discount for round-trip.
- Operating hours: Some companies only run from about 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., while others run from early morning to late at night.
You can use the Airport Link Sydney train that runs through the city.
As a rule You must buy an Opal Card that is a chargeable smart card for all streets using Sydney city center public transportation at the ticket machine in the Sydney Airport or each train station.
However, if you have absolutely no intention of using public transportation during your stay in Sydney, you can use an Opal single ticket that for a single trip.
Note that they are comparatively expensive.Airport Link is ｔhis train goes through the "Airport International" international terminal station and "Airport Domestic" domestic terminal station, and enters a loop line that moves around the center of Sydney in a horseshoe shape (counterclockwise).
It goes to the city center via Sydney Central station, Museum station, St James station, Circular Quay station, Wynyard station, and Town Hall station and then loops back to Sydney Central station. If you have a lot of luggage and need a taxi to pick you up, it is best to go to Sydney Central station, Circular Quay station, or Wynyard station.
- Time required: From the international terminal station it is 12 min. to Sydney Central station, 21 min. to Circular Quay station, and 23 min. to Wynyard station.
- Fare: From the international terminal station to Sydney Central station: A$17.38 to A$18.60 (Opal single ticket A$19.70) for adults, A$14.34 to A$14.95 (Opal single ticket A$15.50) for children. / From the idomestic terminal station to Sydney Central station: A$16.77 to A$17.84 for adults, A$14.03 to A$14.57 for children.
- Operating hours: Weekdays: International terminal station: first train at 4:22, last train at 0:57 (3 to 8 services per hour) / Weekends: International terminal station: first train at 4:42, last train at 0:27 (3 to 8 services per hour) (as of June 2019).
- Platform: There are taxi stops outside each arrival lobby in the international terminal (T1) and domestic terminals (T2).
- Time required: About 20 to 30 min.
- Fare: About A$60 to 80 to reach the center of Sydney.
- Operating hours: 24 hours
- Platform: Using Uber is now possible at Sydney Airport. Use the app to call an Uber after arrival, and board outside the arrivals hall of either the international terminal (T1) or the domestic terminal (T2).
- Time required: About 20 to 30 min.
- Fare: About A$45 to 70 to reach the center of Sydney
Copyright (C) Globe-Trotter Media Partners Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Copyright (C) Diamond-Big Co., Ltd. All Rights Reserved.