eTA (Electronic Travel Authorization) Application for Entry into Canada

Important Notice
  • The Canadian Government made it compulsory for visa-exempt foreign nationals going to Canada to obtain Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) as of March 15, 2016.

Due to this requirement, we will be checking at the time of check-in procedures in Japan whether or not customers visiting Canada, or using an airport in Canada for transit to other countries, have an eTA in their possession.
In accordance with instructions from the Canadian authorities, we may not permit customers of the applicable nationalities who do not have eTA to board our flights.
Please check in advance whether you need to obtain an eTA. If you do require an eTA, please complete the application process before going to the airport.

Customers who Require Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)
Non-Canadian/United States citizens who are of a nationality that does not require a visa to enter Canada, must complete the eTA application before traveling to Canada by air.
You will not need an eTA if entering Canada by land or sea.

[Important Note]
Permanent residents of Canada:
Although you do not need an eTA when entering Canada by air, you must carry your Canadian permanent residency (PR) card or your permanent resident travel document (PRTD) with you.
If you do not have it with you, you may not be allowed to board your flight bound for Canada.

Permanent residents of the United States:
You are required to have an eTA in order to enter Canada by air. You must also carry your US Green Card with you.
You will not need an eTA if you enter Canada by land or sea.

International Students/Temporary Workers:
Customers of eTA-required nationalities, who received a study or work permit before August 1, 2015, will need an eTA if they are planning to travel from and return to Canada by air.

Information from the Canadian Government's Website

[About the eTA Application]

In order to apply for an eTA, the process on the website ( must be completed. After a few minutes of completing the eTA application process, you will receive an e-mail notifying you of whether or not you have been approved for an eTA. Although it is possible to apply immediately before traveling to Canada, the Canadian Government recommends completing the application early when you begin making your travel plans.
When completing the eTA application, you will need to input such details as your passport information and e-mail address, and pay the fee ($7 CAD) using a credit card.
eTA is valid for a period of 5 years (however, if your passport is due to expire within the 5 years, your eTA will remain valid until the expiration date on your passport). You may re-enter Canada as many times as you wish within the period of validity of your eTA.
For further information, please visit the following websites or the Canadian Government's website.

【eTA-related Sites】