ANA Junior Pilot (Unaccompanied minors) [Japan Domestic Flights]
ANA Junior Pilot (Unaccompanied minors)
ANA Junior Pilot is offered to assist children
6 to 7 (up to 11) years of age traveling alone
on domestic flights from departure all the way to arrival.
How to Use This Service
Preparations before Departure
You can select your child's seat at the time of the reservation/purchase* via the ANA website or the ANA Domestic Reservation and Customer Service Center.
* From 3 days prior to (and including) your boarding date, passengers cannot choose seating until tickets have been purchased.
* After the flight's arrival at the destination, cabin attendants will guide ANA Junior Pilots to disembark after the other passengers. Therefore, seats toward the rear of the cabin are recommended.
<Points to Note When Selecting Seats>
・The selected seat may be changed without notice due to changes in aircraft type and other unavoidable reasons.
・For safety reasons, persons who are under 15 years of age cannot sit in emergency exit row seats.
Registration for the ANA Junior Pilot Service
For Customers Purchasing Tickets via the ANA Website
Please register by selecting ANA Junior Pilot Registration under the Reservation menu.
After entering the required items, please confirm that all of the information is correct and then complete your registration.
Consent and Release Form for Parents and Guardians
Parents and guardians who wish to request ANA Junior Pilot Service for their child must submit a Consent and Release Form.
You can request the ANA Junior Pilot Service even if you have not completed the registration procedures on the ANA website.
Print out and complete the Application/Consent and Release Form, then go to the counter for customers who require special assistance.
The Application/Consent and Release Form must be signed by the parent or guardian who is sending off the child at the departure airport.
Please complete the form in advance and bring it to the airport. This will enable procedures to be completed smoothly on the day of departure.
* You can of course complete the form at the airport on the day of departure. However, depending on the amount of congestion at the airport, you may be asked to wait longer. Having a completed form ready is highly recommended.
* By downloading the file you indicate your agreement. You will be able to directly enter the required information into the PDF form after downloading it.
Please Read This Information with Your Child
ANA has created a page that aims to explain the main steps from pre-departure preparations to arrival in a way that is easy for children to understand.
Please read this page with your child. You can also print it out for your child to use as a checklist at the airport and while on board.
At the Departure Airport
Please come to the airport early as more time will be required than usual to check in.
・Please check in at the Special Assistance Counter.
* Check-in is not available using the self-service check-in machines. Please note that airports may be very busy during the summer and winter holidays as well as consecutive holiday periods.
<Airports with Counters for Customers Who Require Special Assistance>
- ・Haneda Airport
Signage at the counter for customers requiring special assistance
- ・Sapporo (New Chitose) / Nagoya (Chubu) / Osaka (Itami) / Fukuoka / Okinawa (Naha)
|Airport||Sapporo (New Chitose)||Nagoya (Chubu)||Osaka (Itami)||Fukuoka||Okinawa (Naha)|
ANA Junior Pilot Name Tag Holder
Please have your child wear their ANA Junior Pilot name tag holder at all times.
Your child will be given an ANA Junior Pilot name tag holder and a Kid's Travel Instruction Card.
Please tell your child to wear this name tag holder until they are picked up at the arrival airport.
The Kid's Travel Instruction Card explains the process from boarding to arrival in a way that is easy for children to understand.
For Customers Who Are Sending Off Their Child
A parent or guardian should accompany the child to the boarding gate.
* Due to security reasons, only 1 person is permitted to accompany the child to the boarding gate.
A gate pass will be issued for 1 parent or guardian.
ANA Junior Pilot Service customers will generally board first. Please inform the staff at the boarding gate.
There may also be cases when ANA Junior Pilot Service customers will board last.
* Depending on the flight's status, this boarding order may not be possible.
For Customers with Mobile Phones for Children
Some models of mobile phones, such as those designed for children, will still be powered to regularly send geolocation data even if the main power is turned off.
Please confirm the relevant procedures and turn the phone off completely before boarding.
[Mobile Phones for Children]
・NTT DoCoMo Kids Phones
・au Junior Mobile Phones
・SoftBank "Mimamori" Phones
ANA Original Goods (Toys for Children)
ANA original goods for children are provided on board.
Please feel free to ask a cabin attendant.
* Quantities are limited on each flight. We ask for your kind understanding if certain items become unavailable.
* The image shows an example.
At the Arrival Airport
Guidance after Arrival
After landing at the arrival airport, children using the ANA Junior Pilot Service are asked to wait in their seats for a cabin attendant to come to them.
ANA staff will then escort them to the arrival lobby.
The person who is picking up the child will be asked to verify their identity and provide their signature. The person who is picking up the child should wait in the designated waiting area.
Notification Email for Arrival and Departure
If their email addresses are registered, both the person who sent off the child and the person who is picking up the child will receive an email notification with the relevant flight's departure and arrival times.
Kids' Taxi Service
For Children Flying To/From Haneda Airport
Nihon Kotsu's Kids' Taxi Service assigns highly experienced drivers to collect your child and also provides support at the airport for greater peace of mind. Please visit the Nihon Kotsu homepage for further details and information on how to request the service.
This service applies to children ages 6-7 (up to 11) who are traveling without an accompanying passenger age 12 or older.
Please be sure to arrange someone to send off and pick up at both departure and arrival airports.
|Age||Accompanying Adult (age 12 or older)||Use of Service ANA Junior Pilot|
|3-5 years old||Required||Cannot be used.|
|6-7 years old||Not needed||Required.|
|8-11 years old||Not needed||Not needed (Your child can board by him/herself, but ANA Junior Pilot is still available upon request.)|
Notes on Using the Service
- * Children under the age of 5 must be accompanied by a passenger over 12 years of age.
- * Your child may not be allowed to board the aircraft if there is an indication that the flight may not operate as scheduled due to the weather conditions, etc.
- * Please note it is necessary to sign the consent and release form that states that the minor is able to understand and follow the instructions of the carrier's staff, and he/she is able to take care of him/herself.
- * ANA Junior Pilot holder will be distributed.Please make sure he/she wears the badge around his/her neck.
Business hours: 6:30-22:00 (All year around)
Dial a number above and select "1" when the automated voice system is prompted.
For passengers who require assistance
For your pleasant journey, ANA is happy to help you.
We provide assistance for expectant mothers.
Passengers traveling with infants or small children
We provide assistance for passengers traveling with infants and/or toddlers.
We provide assistance for elderly passengers.
Passengers traveling with pets
We provide “Special support” to assist passengers traveling with a much-loved pet.
The ANA Group provides assistance for passengers who are ill, injured, or disabled to assure safe, secure and comfortable travel.