Customers Using Medical Oxygen Cylinders
- Due to the reduction in flights caused by the spread of COVID-19, it may take some time to arrange for various rental items. Please let us know as soon as possible if you plan to fly.
The icons named Japan Domestic or International indicate differences in service for Japan domestic and international flights. Content not marked with an icon applies to both, Japan domestic and international flights.
Please note that for safety reasons emergency exit row seats are not available for customers who need assistance.
- Your assigned seat may be changed without prior notice due to changes in aircraft type and other unavoidable reasons.
- Some Japan domestic fares are not eligible for online advance seat reservation.
Please arrive early at the airport in order to have leave enough time for necessary procedures.
Approximate Time of Arrival to the Airport
If you are going to use personal medical oxygen cylinders on board, please note that we may check your medical equipment at the check-in counter even if you have notified us in advance.
If you use the oxygen cylinder rental service, the medical oxygen cylinders will be handed to you on board the aircraft.
60 minutes prior to the departure time
120 minutes prior to the departure time
Pre-boarding service is available for passengers who need assistance.
If you wish to use the pre-boarding service, please inform the staff at the boarding gate. Once the aircraft preparations have been completed, you will be allowed to board first. Please note that depending on the flight status, this service may not be apply.
Our cabin attendants are not permitted to assist customers with handling and operating oxygen cylinders as these are considered medical treatment.
Any operational process must be handled by the customer or their escort.
Please prepare a tube long enough to connect the cylinder when stowed horizontally under the seat in front of you for use on board.
You may be asked to remove the carrier from the cylinder.
- Please note that for safety reasons emergency exit row seats are not available for customers who need assistance.
Oxygen cylinders loaded on board are for emergency purposes only and are not available for customers for ordinary usage.
If you have requested assistance for disembarkation, please remain seated until our staff comes to your seat to escort you off the aircraft. Our staff will escort you to the arrival lobby or to the person meeting you for pickup. Please feel free to ask. Please inform us upon reservation, or contact the ANA Disability Desk in advance.
- Frequently asked questions about Customers Using Medical Oxygen Cylinders
If you have any questions or concerns please contact the ANA Disability Desk.