About CPAP in the Plane
（CPAP = Continuous Positive Airway Pressure）
Increasing the Comfort of Sleep
ANA consult professionals about sleep apnea and other breathing disorders in order to understand the customer needs.
We will continue to improve the sleeping environment on board for our customer's comfort.
“Sleeping well is the key to being young and healthy. Especially on long international flights, restful sleep is absolutely necessary to carry on with working the following day. I recommend choosing an airline that provides the best in sleep environment. Recently, sleeping problems and the lack of sleep has been diagnosed as Sleep Apnea Syndrome (SAS) and many patients are receiving Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) treatments, which can be used on board as well. However, there may be some restrictions on the CPAP equipment so make sure to ask your airline in advance.”
Using CPAP on Board
- ■We will determine the CPAP is eligible to use on board depending on magnetic waves, internal components, and battery type.
- ■There is no need for a medical certificate (MEDIF) to use it on board.
- ■Please place the CPAP under the seat in front of you.
- ■Please inform ANA Disability Desk in advance with the product name, model, and battery type to make sure you can use your CPAP on board.
Using the CPAP with Batteries
- ■Because of our safety regulations, some batteries are not allowed carry on board or to check according to the type and its capacity.
- ■Please bring adequate number of batteries for your use.
Using the Seat PC Outlet
- ■You may use seat PC outlet except during take off and landing phase. Some aircrafts and classes may not be equipped with the PC outlet. Confirm how to use theHow to Use Power Supply Seat Plug Socket by the link below.
- ■In order to use the PC outlet, the CPAP must be certified by ANA in advance as not interfering with the aircraft operation systems. For CPAPs approved for use with the PC outlet, please see the list below.
Medical equipments other than CPAPs are not allowed to use with the seat PC outlet.
List of Approved CPAPs for Seat PC Outlet use
Jasmine (KM AUTO CPAP)
Sleep Mate S8
Sleep Mate S9
BiPAP Auto M Series
BiPAP Auto M Series with Bi-Flex
BiPAP Auto System One
REMstar Auto A-Flex System One
REMstar Auto C-Flex
REMstar Auto M Series
REMstar Auto M Series with A-Flex
REMstar Plus C-Flex
REMstar Plus M Series
REMstar Pro C-Flex
REMstar Pro C-Flex+ System One
REMstar Pro M Series