Cell Phone Settings on Board [International Flights]
- ・If a codeshare flight or flight operated by another airline is included in the itinerary, the baggage rules of the other airline may apply.
- ・When traveling on Japanese domestic sectors using a ticket for which the International Conditions of Carriage apply, the baggage rules for international flights will apply.
- ・Please be advised that in the event that it is impossible to confirm whether or not an item can be transported by airplane before the departure time, the request for transport may be rejected.
Setting to Not Emit Radio Waves
A condition in which an electronic device does not emit radio waves means that the function to send and receive phone calls and emails is set to “off” while the device’s power is turned on.
All cell phones (including smartphones) and personal handyphone systems (PHS), etc., when turned on, emit radio waves automatically to their base station.
Such electronic devices are provided with a function called airplane mode, standalone mode, offline mode or flight mode, etc., (the name varies depending on the company) to disable functions such as those below which involve the emitting of radio waves for sending and receiving phone calls and emails, as well as internet connection.
- - Cell phone communication functions (phone calls, emails, etc.)
- - Wireless LAN functions (email, internet, etc.)
- - Bluetooth functions
(The functions which will be disabled vary by device. Please inquire with your cell phone provider for details.)
Silent mode only controls the ring tone and vibration of the device and differs to the setting described above. When “no service” is displayed, the device is in a state in which it emits radio waves.
- * Please set devices which emit radio waves for communication to not emit radio waves or turn off the power when the aircraft doors are closed.
Customers with Cell Phones Requiring Special Caution, such as Cell Phones for Children
For customers with cellular phones which turn on periodically to send their position even when the power is turned off, please set the device to "power completely off," or release the setting and turn off the main power. Examples: Kids' PHONE™ by NTT DOCOMO (FOMA SA800i/F801i) or Junior Phone by au (K001/mamorino/mamorino2/mamorino3)
For details, please see To Customers with Cellular Phones Requiring Special Caution, such as Cellular Phones for Children.