Bicycles and Sporting Equipment [International Flights]
- ・If a codeshare flight or flight operated by another airline is included in the itinerary, the baggage rules of the other airline may apply.
- ・When traveling on Japanese domestic sectors using a ticket for which the International Conditions of Carriage apply, the baggage rules for international flights will apply.
- ・Please be advised that in the event that it is impossible to confirm whether or not an item can be transported by airplane before the departure time, the request for transport may be rejected.
Checking in Bicycles or Sporting Equipment
We accept sporting equipment (bicycles, surfboards, golf bags, fishing tools, diving equipment, rackets, etc.) with a weight not exceeding 45 kg and total linear dimensions (length, width, height) not exceeding 292 cm as checked baggage included in the free baggage allowance.
However, if the free baggage allowance is exceeded, stipulated excess baggage charges will apply.
Bicycles with total linear dimensions that exceed 203 cm can be checked in provided that they can be loaded in the cargo compartment of the aircraft used. Please check the size and weight, and then contact ANA by telephone.
- * If a bicycle is not packaged or protected, or the packaging is not suitable or adequate, please be advised that ANA is not responsible for damage or loss.
- * Large sporting equipment may not be accepted due to airport facility requirements or limited cargo space depending on the aircraft type.
Please check the maximum length allowed in Restrictions By Aircraft Type and Flight Route in advance.
- * Tennis and badminton rackets can be checked in or carried on board if they meet the size requirements.
- * Electric vehicles and electric bicycles are not permitted to be checked in or carried on board.
- * Baggage is handled with considerable care, but if the baggage happens to be damaged due to an inherent defect or property, please be advised that ANA will not be liable.
* If the baggage exceeds the free baggage allowance, it will be subject to the applicable excess baggage charge. However, baggage exceeding size (Total linear dimensions) will not be considered as above.
|158 cm (62 in.) to 292 cm (115 in.)||Excess baggage charge for oversize baggage is waived
Restrictions due to aircraft type and flight route apply (*1).
|Exceeding 292 cm (115 in.)||Not accepted as checked baggage|
- * Please notify ANA by telephone in advance about baggage with total linear dimensions that exceed 203 cm (80 in.).
Please contact ANA at your earliest convenience as the confirmation may take some time.
Flight from Narita to Honolulu in Economy Class
1 piece of baggage (within 23 kg/50 lb, total linear dimensions within 158 cm/62 in.) and 1 golf bag (within 30 kg/66 lb, total linear dimensions within 203 cm/82 in.)
Excess baggage charge = JPY 6,000 (for overweight)
For tickets issued on and after November 25, 2015,
excess baggage charges are not applied to sporting equipment of a size of less than 292 cm (115 in.).
- * The currency and fee applied vary depending on the itinerary, the sector on which baggage is checked in, as well as the airport at which the payment is made. For details, please refer to Excess Baggage Charges.