Missing Items [International Flights]
- ・ If a codeshare flight or flight operated by another airline is included in the itinerary, the baggage rules of the other airline may apply.
- ・ When traveling on Japanese domestic sectors using a ticket for which the International Conditions of Carriage apply, the baggage rules for international flights will apply.
- ・ Please be advised that in the event that it is impossible to confirm whether or not an item can be transported by airplane before the departure time, the request for transport may be rejected.
In the event that your baggage is lost after arriving at your destination via another airline, you should inquire with the airline in question.
We handle passengers’ checked baggage with great care until reaching the destination, but due to bad weather or facility-related conditions, there are cases in which baggage may be does not reach its destination.
We sincerely apologize for causing considerable concern and inconvenience to affected passengers.
ANA will sincerely work to resolve the situation.
If you are unable to receive your baggage at the arrival airport, please contact ANA staff immediately. We will search for the baggage and take the necessary procedures.
We will search for your baggage using the joint baggage search system shared by airline companies.
We will contact you every day to inform you about the search result so far; however, you can also check the latest information by yourself via the link below. In order to do so, you will need the reference number for your missing baggage. If you do not have this number, please inquire with the airport where you took necessary procedures. (For contact details, please see the contact information.)
* This system is only available to customers on ANA Group-operated flights (ANA/AJX).
If you connected to a flight of another airline after using an ANA flight and you could not pick up your baggage at the final destination, this system is not applicable. Please make a declaration with the airline you boarded last (the operating airline in the event of a codeshare flight).
If you notice missing baggage after arriving on an ANA-operated flight:
Please notify a staff member at the arrival airport.
- ・ If details about the baggage are unknown:
We will give you information about the search for your baggage and the necessary procedures. From the following day onward, we will in general contact you daily with information on the baggage.
As soon as we find your baggage, we will inform you about the necessary procedures and the return of your baggage. After it arrives at the airport, it will be delivered to you.
- ・ If the baggage has already been found, and the flight on which it will be sent is known:
We will inform you about the necessary procedures and the return of your baggage. After it arrives at the airport, it will be delivered to you.
If you notice missing baggage after arriving on a flight not operated by ANA:
Please inquire with the airline on which you arrived.
We deliver found baggage to the location you designated after we have cleared customs on your behalf.
In order to expedite the search for your baggage, you may be asked to provide details regarding the contents of the baggage. This constitutes important information which will be used for reference when issuing compensation.
In the unfortunate event that your baggage is not discovered in the search, ANA will issue compensation 30 to 45 days after your arrival in accordance with the Conditions of Carriage (International Passengers and Baggage).