Baggage Pick-up Forgotten / Wrong Baggage Picked Up / Left Behind Items [International Flights]
- ・If a codeshare flight or flight operated by another airline is included in the itinerary, the baggage rules of the other airline may apply.
- ・When traveling on Japanese domestic sectors using a ticket for which the International Conditions of Carriage apply, the baggage rules for international flights will apply.
- ・Please be advised that in the event that it is impossible to confirm whether or not an item can be transported by airplane before the departure time, the request for transport may be rejected.
Baggage Pick-up Forgotten / Wrong Baggage Picked Up
After arrival, each passenger must pick up their checked baggage at baggage claim by confirming the numbers on the baggage claim tags.
If you leave the airport without picking up your baggage or with someone else’s baggage by mistake, please contact the arrival airport immediately.
The following information applies to airports within Japan. If you arrived at an airport outside Japan, please inquire with the arrival airport as procedures may vary depending on the airport.
Return of Baggage
In the event that you make use of a customs agent, your baggage will be delivered to a place of your choosing.(In principle, customers will be responsible for any shipping charges)
Pick-up by a customs agent can typically be performed the day your documentation is received.ANA will contact you again regarding delivery times.
- - Customers Clearing Customs by Themselves
Please contact the arrival airport before returning to the airport. An ANA staff member will show you the way to the customs office.
- - Customers Using an Agent for Clearing Customs
We can act as your agent in passing through customs if desired. (Requires several days)
- - Required Documents
a) A copy of your passport (the photograph page and the page stamped at the time of entry into the country)
* Please note that we may not be able to handle your request if the copy is not sufficiently clear.
b) Application / Authorization Letter
* Please note that only the original Application / Authorization Letter will be accepted, no copies.
* Please bring required documents directly to the airport, or send them by postal mail.
If you notice after arriving on an ANA-operated flight that you left your baggage behind
Please notify a staff member at the arrival airport.
If you are clearing customs by yourself (for urgent cases), please contact the arrival airport and return to the airport with your passport. You baggage will clear customs in your attendance and the baggage then returned to you.
If you wish to use an agent to clear customs (which will require several days), please fill out the Application / Authorization Letter, and send it together with a copy of your passport. After customs clearance procedures have been completed on your behalf, your baggage will be delivered to you with payment on delivery.
If you notice after arriving on a flight not operated by ANA that you left your baggage behind
Please inquire with the airline on which you arrived.
Left Behind Items
Left behind items found in the cabin will be stored at the arrival airport for a certain period of time. If you have left something behind, please contact the arrival airport.
If we find the item, we will deliver it to you promptly. Please note that the delivery costs will be charged to you.
Items found in an airport facility and not in the cabin may be stored by the airport managing company or at a police station. Please confirm the contact point and then inquire about your item(s).