Contingency Plan for Lengthy Tarmac Delays
This contingency plan for lengthy tarmac delays is applicable to flights operated by All Nippon Airways Co., Ltd. (ANA) and by its subsidiary Air Japan Co., Ltd. (AJX) and has been adopted pursuant to the requirements of section 259.4 of the regulations of the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT).
For all flights, which depart from or arrive at U.S. airports, we will not allow the aircraft to remain on the tarmac without an opportunity for passengers to deplane for more than 4 hours.We will make the following reasonable efforts to provide convenient and comfortable service to all customers in the event that a flight is delayed.
* The following cases, however, are excluded: The pilot-in-command (PIC) determines the aircraft should not leave where they are on the tarmac to disembark passengers for safety or security reasons, or the Air Traffic Control (ATC) advises the PIC that returning to the gate or another place for disembarkation would significantly disrupt airport operations.
- Provide adequate food and potable water no later than 2 hours following gate departure or flight touch-down.
- Ensure that operable lavatory facilities and adequate medical assistance, if needed, are available.
- Provide passengers on the aircraft notification every 30 minutes regarding the status of the delay, including the reasons for the delay, if known.Provide passengers on the aircraft notification every 30 minutes that they have the opportunity to deplane, if that opportunity exists.
- ・ We will make reasonable efforts to comply with this plan in the event of a diversion to any other U.S. airport.
- ・ We have committed sufficient resources to implement this plan and we have coordinated this plan with airport authorities (including terminal facility operators, U.S. Customs and Border Protection, and the Transportation Security Administration) at all U.S. airports that we serve including regular civilian diversion airports that are defined by DOT to be a “non-hub” or larger airport.
- ・ Services for codeshare flights are offered according to the standards of the operating airlines.