Involuntary Refunds due to ANA's responsibilities (such as aircraft maintenance) (International Flights)
STEP 1: Check if your ticket type is eligible for involuntary refund
- ANA International Ticket issued by ANA (Ticket number's first 3digits are 205) with confirmed reservation on the irregular flights
- Other airline's International Ticket with confirmed reservation on the irregular flights.
- Refund of other airline's ticket will be subject to the respective carrier's refund policy.
- An EMD issued for ancillary services for delayed or canceled ANA flights (EMD numbers starting with 205).
STEP 2: Refund Period
- 1. Tickets
Refund requests are accepted within one year and 30 days of the date of the first flight sector (or the date of issue if unused) upon submission of the physical ticket or e-Ticket Itinerary Receipt, along with any other necessary information.
- 2. EMD
Refund requests are accepted within one year and 30 days of the relevant EMD issuance date upon submission of the necessary information.
Where to apply Refund
Purchased through ANA
- ANA by phone, ANA Website*1, ANA city ticketing counter, ANA airport ticketing counter
Please contact ANA by phone or the city office in the country where you purchased your ticket.*2
- ANA airport ticketing counter (international counter in Japan)
Please contact the airport international ticketing counter where you have purchased your ticket or ANA by phone.
- *1Please note that ANA Website is not capable of refunds for Irregular cases.
- *2Refund procedures are vary depending on the country where you have purchased your ticket.
Purchased through a travel agency or other airlines
Please contact the travel agency or other airlines where you have purchased your ticket.
- Refund may not be possible outside the country of purchase of the ticket due to currency restrictions.
- When refund in certain countries other than Japan, it may be possible to refund by check.Refunds will be made in the currency of the country where the refund is made.
Refund charge/cancellation penalty shall not apply for involuntary refund.
- Before first flight sector: A full refund is issued, including the fare and any taxes/fees.
- After first flight sector: The fare and any taxes/fees*1 are refunded for any unused sectors.
- *1Ticketing Service Fee/Exchange Service Fee are refundable if active ANA International Ticket shows these fees at airline service fee.
If exchanged ANA International Ticket shows these fees, they are not refundable.
If you have purchased services (e.g. paid lounge access), any service fees for unused sectors will be refunded.
How you receive Refund
Purchased with credit card
Give a refund to your credit card account which you used for payment.
- Completion of refund may take 2～3 months depending on various factors such as the day which the refund request is accepted, deadlines and/or refund process situation of the credit card company.
Purchased with cash
Give a refund with cash, account transfer or check (depending on the ticket issuing countries other than Japan).
- As a general rule, ANA will make a refund to the person named on a ticket only.ANA may require the ANA Mileage Club number, official documentation and/or authorization for verification.
Official Documentation: Passport/Driver's License/Insurance Card/Residence Card/Proof of Residency/Pension Book, etc.
Purchased with using ANA Value Voucher
ANA will refund the ANA Value Voucher.
Purchased with using ANA SKY COINS
ANA will refund ANA SKY COINS amount back into the latest account (the occurrence of delays and cancellation of the month).
When paying with PayPal
PayPal's refund standards will apply.