Public announcement based on each countries' legal statement
A following privacy statement provides additional general information about how ANA’s management of personal information fulfils the Australian Privacy Principles.
Information ANA Collects
The types of personal information that ANA collects about its customers depend on the relationship with the customer, the circumstances of collection, and the type of service the customer requests from ANA. The personal information may include:
- ●The customer’s name, gender, date of birth, contact details (telephone number, address), passport details, photograph;
- ●Details related to flights used and other travel details, including the customer’s preferences with respect to their travel on ANA flights;
- ●Dietary requirements and health issues which the customer provides to ANA in connection with the use of ANA’s products and services;
- ●Payment details (such as credit/debit card number and expiry date) provided in connection with the purchase of ANA’s products and services; and
- ●ANA Mileage Club membership number and membership details of any other mileage club programs.
How ANA Collects Information
ANA may collect personal information about its customers when they use ANA’s services or purchase ANA’s goods, make or update a booking to use ANA’s services, register to receive ANA’s newsletters or other communications, register to be part of one of ANA’s programs, tell ANA about their preferences when flying with ANA, fill out medical and other forms associated with their travel, participate in one of ANA’s events or campaigns, visit ANA’s websites, complete one of ANA’s surveys or otherwise interact with ANA. As well as collecting information directly from customers, there may be occasions when ANA collects information about its customers from a third party. These third parties may include:
- ●Travel agents and other people who make or update travel or freight bookings on the customer’s behalf, or otherwise interact with ANA on the customer’s behalf, including when the customer makes an inquiry with a travel agent but does not proceed to a booking.
- ●Third parties that run competitions and other promotions for ANA or for which ANA is the sponsor.
- ●Immigration, customs, border security and other regulatory authorities.
- ●Other companies within the ANA Group.
If you have a concern about your privacy or have any inquiries regarding the handling of personal information by the ANA Group, please contact ANA using the details below. ANA will respond to your query or complaint within a reasonable time.
Personal Information Handling Desk
All Nippon Airways Co., Ltd.,
Shiodome City Center 1-5-2 Higashi-Shimbashi,Minato-ku, Tokyo 105-7140, JAPAN
Email : email@example.com
If you are not satisfied with ANA’s response, you may also contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (http://www.oaic.gov.au).
Disclosure of Information to outside Australia
ANA stores personal information in Japan and the third parties(*) referred to below to whom ANA provides personal information may be located in any country to which the customer sends freight or travels to or through with ANA or any other ANA Group airline.
ANA may also disclose customer’s personal information to data processors (including operators of global travel distribution systems), customer service providers, and managers of ANA financial products located outside Australia. The countries in which these third parties are located include mainly Japan, the United Kingdom and the United States.
*Including, but not limited to, other airlines, alliance partners and travel agents who assist ANA in providing travel (including transit) and freight services and associated services (such as frequent flyer programs for partner recognition and benefits), and law enforcement agencies, regulatory authorities and governments.
The following statement provides additional information about how ANA’s management of personal information fulfills the Privacy Laws of Mexico.
Collecting Personal Information.
ANA will obtain personal information only by fair, appropriate means.
ANA gathers the following categories of personal data: (i) citizenship and/or residency; (ii) identification; (iii) contact; (iv) physical traits; (v) payment which may include credit card, debit card or bank account; and (iv) sensitive data.
With regard to sensitive data, ANA only obtains this information if you provide it to us in relation to your air transportation on ANA. The type of sensitive data ANA may collect includes medical and other data of:
-  persons with disabilities or reduced mobility impacted by air travel.
-  persons with medical conditions that may be impacted by air travel.
-  persons with a serious contagious disease.
-  pregnant women within 28 days of their due date (including the due date itself).
With regard to the personal data of minors, ANA requires that in all cases, this data must be provided by the parent or guardian of the minor.