Tickets (e-Tickets/electronic tickets)
A ticket is either an e-Ticket Itinerary Receipt or electronic flight coupon issued by a carrier or designated agency. The purchase of a ticket concludes a carriage contract between the operating airline(s) and the customer.
The passenger’s flight ticket information is stored by ANA as an electronic flight coupon, a copy of which is given to the passenger in the form of an e-Ticket Itinerary Receipt. This receipt may be required for check-in and / or immigration procedures.
- e-Ticket Itinerary Receipt -
This is an A4-sized receipt containing the applicable fare/ticket information and itinerary.
*Tickets issued by ANA contain a 13-digit number starting with 205.
*This is a sample e-Ticket Itinerary Receipt only.
(1) Tickets are valid only for the passenger indicated thereon. Names cannot be changed and tickets cannot be transferred to others.
(2) Please prepare your e-Ticket Itinerary Receipt for relevant flight.
(3) Tickets purchased at normal fares are valid for one year from the departure of the first flight sector (or the date of issue if unused). Special fares have different validity periods that apply accordingly.
(4) Please use flight coupon in sequence from the place of departure indicated in the ticket. If any sector is unused, the ticket itself and any remaining sectors will become invalid.
Ticket Service Charge
Tickets for international flights newly issued over the phone with a customer service representative or at an ANA airport counter will as a rule incur a designated ticket service charge per passenger per ticket. (Multiple sectors may be included within the ticket.)
EMDs (Electronic Miscellaneous Documents)
An EMD (Electronic Miscellaneous Document) is an electronic voucher issued by an airline or designated agency. The EMD is of the value indicated on the front, and is issued as a coupon to be used for the purpose described thereon, or for handling fees. Depending on the currency used for its payment, currency restrictions may prohibit the EMD being used in countries other than the country of purchase.
- EMD Passenger Receipt -
This is an A4-sized receipt containing fee information and details of the purpose of issuance.
Please inform the EMD number located on the top left when inquiring about changes or refunds.
*EMDs issued by ANA contain a 13-digit number starting with 205.
Reservations Change Fee
Upon changing a reservation, an EMD may be issued as a receipt for the amount paid as a handling fee for making the change.
Refundable Balances/Residual Value
Please apply for a refund at the location where you originally purchased your ticket.
This is issued as a receipt upon making an upgrade that shows the required amount of miles or upgrade points to be deducted.
Paid Lounge Access
This is issued as a receipt for the amount paid to use the Paid Lounge Access service.
*EMDs are also issued upon the purchase of other services.
*This is a sample EMD only.
(1) EMDs are valid only for the passenger indicated thereon. Names cannot be changed and tickets cannot be transferred to others.
(2) Please prepare your EMD Passenger Receipt when using the applicable service.
(3) EMDs are valid for one year from the date of issue.
Ticket Service Charge
Ticket service charges do not apply for EMD issuance.