Important Notice for Passengers Traveling to Japan - Changes to the self-quarantine period for fully vaccinated travelers
Information as of 1:00JST,October 13th,2021.
Effective October 1, 2021 (midnight, Japan time) for those who hold a COVID-19 vaccination certificate confirmed to be valid by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare, the self-quarantine period will be reduced from 14 days to 10 days, provided that they notify the Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare of the negative result of the test (PCR test or antigen quantitative test) on/after the 10th day upon entry into Japan.
●The vaccination certificate is valid only if it meets all the conditions 1 to 5 below.
● Please prepare a copy of the original vaccination certificate to submit to the quarantine station.
1. All of the following items must be written in Japanese or English.
➀ Name, ➁ Date of birth, ➂ Vaccine name or manufacturer, ④ Vaccine date, ➄ # of Vaccine Doses
2. The certificate must be issued by a public institution such as the government of the country / region shown here
For the U.S.
United States (issued by CDC)
United States (Northern Mariana)
United States (New York)
United States (New York City)
United States (Virginia)
United States (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania)
United States (Maryland)
United States (Louisiana)
United States (Washington, DC)
United States (Washington)
The following have been added to the list, effective October 12, 2021 (midnight, Japan time):
United States (Oregon)
United States (Guam)
United States (California)
United States (Arizona)
* Certificates issued in Japan that fall under any of the following are valid.
・ COVID-19 vaccination certificate issued by the Japanese government or local government in Japan
・ Certificate of COVID-19 vaccination issued by local governments in Japan
・ COVID-19 vaccination records issued by Japanese medical institutions, etc.
3. The vaccine name / manufacturer must be one of the following.
➀ COMIRNATY Intramuscular Injection / Pfizer
➁ Vaxzevria intramuscular injection / AstraZeneca
➂ COVID-19 Vaccine Moderna Intramuscular Injection / Moderna
* Vaccine name / manufacturer is the name it is known as in Japan.
4.The vaccination certificate must be able to confirm two doses of either one of the vaccines listed above in 3.
* Even if different vaccines are given for the first and second dose, you must be vaccinated with either of the vaccines listed above.
5. To be considered fully vaccinated, at least 14 days must have passed since the second vaccination date.
For details, please refer to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs website.
October 13, 2021
All Nippon Airways, Co. Ltd.