International Fuel Surcharge / Insurance Surcharge Information
Updated November 2, 2018
The fuel surcharge may be increased, decreased, or abolished depending on the market price of fuel.
Fare amount August 1, 2018- January 31, 2019
Fuel surcharge for itineraries originating in Japan(per passenger, per flight)*2
|Japan-Europe, North America (except for Hawaii)*4, Middle East, Oceania||14,000
|Japan-Hawaii, India, Indonesia||8,500
|Japan-Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, Myanmar, Cambodia||6,500
|Japan-Vietnam, Saipan, Guam, Philippines||4,000
|Japan-East Asia (excluding Korea)||3,500
Fuel surcharge for itineraries originating in countries other than Japan(per passenger, per flight)*2
|Routes*1||Other than displayed to right
|For tickets purchased in Europe (except UK)
|For tickets purchased in UK
|Japan-Europe*3, North America (except for Hawaii)*4, Middle East, Oceania||129||101||82|
|Japan-Hawaii, India, Indonesia||74||58||47|
|Japan-Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, Myanmar, Cambodia||55||43||35|
|Japan-Vietnam, Saipan, Guam, Philippines*6||37||29||23|
|Japan-East Asia (excluding Korea)*5 *7||31||24||19|
- *1 Not applicable for itineraries originating in Brazil.
- *2 Amounts to be converted into local currency using applicable exchange rates at time of ticket purchase.
Special rule may apply when the itinerary includes connection from international flight to another international flight.
- *3 Regardless of point of sales for sectors between Switzerland and Japan, itineraries originating in Switzerland are as follows:
(For tickets issued on/after February 1, 2018) CHF81
(For tickets issued on/after August 1, 2018) CHF122
- *4 Regardless of point of sales for flights between Tokyo and Mexico City,itineraries originating in Japan are as follows:
(For tickets issued on/after February 1, 2018) JPY7,000
(For tickets issued on/after August 1, 2018) JPY10,500
Regardless of point of sales for sectors between Canada and Japan, itineraries originating in Canada are as follows:
(For tickets issued on/after August 1, 2018) CAD130
- *5 Regardless of point of sales for sectors between Hong Kong and Japan, itineraries originating in Hong Kong are as follows:
(For tickets issued on/after November 19, 2018) HKD243
- *6 Regardless of point of sales for sectors between Philippine and Japan for itineraries originating in Philippine are as follows:
(For tickets issued on/after November 5, 2018) PHP962 *CAB Case No.EP-18-5827-HED102018-NH-018-PFS
- *7 Regardless of point of sales for sectors between Mainland China and Japan, itineraries originating in Mainland China are as follows:
(For tickets issued on/after April 1, 2018) CNY90
(For tickets issued on/after August 1, 2018) CNY150
- (1) The fuel surcharge shall apply evenly to all passengers, and the same amounts shall apply to adults, children and infants. The fuel surcharge shall apply on AMC award tickets as well.This surcharge does not apply to infants under two years old who do not occupy seats.
- (2) When an unused portion of the ticket is presented for refund the surcharges for such sectors will be refunded in full.
- (3) Amount may change without advance notice subject to government approval of related countries.
- (4) The handling procedures for fuel surcharge amendments occurring after a ticket has been issued and before the date of departure are as follows.
- 1) The balance is not adjusted if the ticket is not changed (*).
- 2) When the ticket is changed (*),
If the wholly unused ticket is changed,
the cost will be adjusted to take account of the difference between the fuel surcharge applicable to the original ticket and the revised fuel surcharge.
When partially used ticket is changed(*),
no adjustment of the fuel surcharge will be made.
For details, see Applicable fares.
* Change means changes in itinerary, departure date with the same flight number, flight number with the same itinerary, and booking of a flight on the open dated tickets.
- ・Departure date change from March 25 to April 5 for NH010 Tokyo-New York.
- ・Flight number change from NH010 to NH1010 Tokyo-New York on the same day.
- ・Making reservation of NH010 Tokyo-New York on April 5 for open dated ticket.
* The insurance surcharge for domestic routes was abolished for departures from October 1, 2006, with the applicable fee being included in the ticket price.
International passengers (*1)
If purchased in Japan → ¥100 per passenger per route segment
If not purchased in Japan → Local currency equivalent to $1.00 per passenger per route segment
(*1) Not applicable to itineraries originating or terminating in Canada ,Hong Kong and Mexico or originating in Brazil.
All Nippon Airways Co., Ltd.