Terms and Conditions
ANA Group Flights
- ANA (NH)
- Air Japan (NQ)
- Not available for codeshare flights with ANA flight numbers which are operated by other airlines, or codeshare flights with other airlines' flight numbers which are operated by ANA.
Eligible Booking Classes
Please have a purchased ticket for all sectors on which you wish to use awards.
In order to apply for upgrade awards, tickets must be purchased for the following eligible booking classes.
|Itinerary Origin||Economy Class to Premium Economy*1||Premium Economy / Economy Class to Business Class||Business Class to First Class|
|Within Japan||Y, B, M, U, H, Q, V||G, E, Y, B, M, U||J, C, D, Z|
|Outside Japan||Y, B, M, U, H, Q, V||G, E, Y, B, M, U, H||J, C, D, Z|
- *1.Available for flights from April 1, 2020.
- It is not possible to make both an Economy-Business and Economy-Premium Economy upgrade application for the same flight simultaneously.
- Customers who have applied for an upgrade from Economy Class to Premium Economy cannot then upgrade to Business Class.
To upgrade to Business Class, customers must request a refund for their current upgrade application and then make a new application to upgrade from Economy Class to Business Class.
- It is not possible to upgrade directly from Economy Class to First Class.
- Depending on the flight, it may not be possible to use upgrade awards.
- Upgrade awards cannot be used for domestic flight sectors within Japan.
- The itinerary origin refers to the departure point for the first sector of the international flight itinerary.
1-sector (one-way) awards can be redeemed starting from 9,000 miles.
- Required mileage is defined for each sector (one-way) and is different from the total mileage for all award sectors.
- Please have a purchased ticket (with pre-upgrade classes of service) for all sectors on which you wish to use awards.
- Family members who are registered for ANA Card Family Miles or the ANA Mileage Club Family Account (AFA) Service can combine their miles to redeem awards.
Using ANA Upgrade Points
ANA Diamond Service Members, Platinum Service Members, Bronze Service Members, and Super Flyers Card Members may also use upgrade points for redemption.
Please refer to the ANA Premium Member Services page for details.
Upgrade awards are valid only on the flights for which the reservations have been made.
Usage Policy for Infants and Children
Infants (less than 2 years of age*2)
When Using an Award for an Infant
An infant may use an award if a ticket (child fare) for the upgrade-eligible sector has been purchased, and the same amount of miles as an adult is used to redeem the award.
When Not Using an Award for an Infant
Either an infant fare (no seat) ticket or a child fare (with seat) ticket for the same post-upgrade service class*3 as the accompanying adult must be purchased separately.
- *2.The age at the time of boarding the first sector is applicable.
- *3.Premium economy fare for premium economy upgrades.
Children (2-12 years of age*4)
Children require the same number of miles to redeem an award as adults.
- *4.The age at the time of boarding the first sector is applicable.
- ANA international flight awards cannot be used in conjunction with upgrade awards.
- ANA International Upgrade Awards may be used in conjunction with Star Alliance Upgrade Awards for multiple flights within the same itinerary, however, not in the same flight.
- Prioritized reservation and wait-list is available for upgrade on ANA international flight for premium members boarding on ANA Group operated flights when using member's own mileage. Registered award users who use awards while not accompanied by the AMC member are not eligible for prioritized reservation and wait-list.
- The number of seats that can be used with upgrade awards is limited (and such seats may not be available on some flights).
There may be cases when awards cannot be used even if normal fare seats are available.
- When using upgrade awards, mileage and ANA Premium Point accrual is calculated based on the class of service of the originally purchased ticket.
- Please note the following information when connecting from a flight that is operated by another airline to an ANA-operated flight.
- There may be cases when through check-in for upgraded flights may not be available due to issues related to the departure airport, operating airline, or IT systems. Customers are required to check-in again at connecting airports.
- The free baggage allowance for the upgraded class of service does not apply to flights operated by other airlines.
Customers are required to check-in their baggage again when connecting to an ANA flight.
In some countries, customers may be required to pass through immigration before they can check in their baggage again.
- With the exception of miles which are eligible for unused award refunds, miles which have been used for award redemption cannot be refunded to a mileage account or exchanged for another award, even if the originally redeemed award was not used.
- The AMC member or Passenger is responsible for the payment of taxes, Passenger Facility Charge, fuel surcharge, and other fees associated with using an upgrade award.
- The UK's Air Passenger Duty and France's Air Passenger Solidarity Tax will also be applicable to upgrades made with mileage and the exact amount will depend on the class of service.
For tickets which have already been issued, any differences with the tax for the upgraded class of service must be paid at the airport.
- The UK's Air Passenger Duty: Applicable to all passengers departing from airports in the UK.
- France's Air Passenger Solidarity Tax: Applicable to all passengers departing from airports in France.