What are Premium Points?
About the Service
Premium Points are accrued separately from Miles earned from ANA Group (ANA, Air Japan, ANA Wings) or Star Alliance member airline or Star Alliance Connecting Partner operated flights over the course of a year. The number of Premium Points earned between each January and December determines Premium member status for the following year and allows use of corresponding services.
- Miles cannot be exchanged for Premium Points or vice versa, and the two cannot be combined.
- Premium Points are earned during one calendar year (January to December) and cannot be carried over into the following year.
- If the status for the following year have been reached before the end of December, qualified status can be used as advance service. The advance service for qualified status can be used up to end March based on each qualified premium status.
Conditions for Premium Status
- Star Alliance Gold or Star Alliance Silver membership with other carriers cannot be exchanged for ANA Diamond Service, Platinum Service or Bronze Service membership.
|ANA MILEAGE CLUB Bronze
STAR ALLIANCE SILVER
|ANA MILEAGE CLUB Platinum
STAR ALLIANCE GOLD
|ANA MILEAGE CLUB Diamond
STAR ALLIANCE GOLD
|Premium Points in one year||30,000||50,000||100,000|
|Premium Points earned on ANA Group operated flights||15,000
For members who have reached 30,000 Premium Points and hold an ANA Gold Card or ANA Card Premium
ANA Gold Card and ANA Card Premium holders
If ANA Gold Card or ANA Card Premium holders who earn 30,000 Premium Points or more within one year, member will be given ANA Bronze service membership status even if they do not meet the 15,000 point requirement for ANA Group operated flights.
Flights Eligible for Accrual
Japan Domestic Flights
- ANA Group (ANA, ANA Wings) operated flights
- ANA code share flights
- Miles from Japan domestic code share flights operated by IBEX Airlines, AIR DO, Solaseed Air, Star Flyer and Oriental Air Bridge will only be awarded as ANA Group operated flights when the flight is reserved and boarded under an ANA flight number.
- ANA Group (ANA, Air Japan) operated flights
- Flights operated by Star Alliance member airlines
- Flights operated by Star Alliance Connecting Partner
- ANA Code share flights operated by Star Alliance member reserved and board under an ANA flight number will accrual mileage as Star Alliance member airline flights.
- ANA Code share flights operated by Star Alliance Connecting Partner reserved and board under an ANA flight number will accrual mileage as Star Alliance Connecting Partner flights.
- Code share flights operated by ANA but reserved and boarded under a partner airline flight number will accrue mileage as ANA flights.
- Code share flights operated by airlines other than Star Alliance member airlines are not eligible for Premium Points, even if the flight is ticketed under the name of an eligible airline.
- When mileage is credited to a partners airlines mileage program for both Japan domestic or international flights, premium points will not be eligible for credit.
How to Calculate Points
Unlike the Flight Miles you normally earn, Premium Points are calculated using an accumulation ratio for booking class and fare, a route ratio and Boarding Points. Enter your flight details in the Premium Points Simulation to calculate the Premium Points you will earn.
Basic segment mileage × Mileage accrual rate by booking class and fare type/rule × Route Ratio + Boarding Points = Premium Points
Basic segment mileage
Number of Miles for ANA Group or Star Alliance member airline or Star Alliance Connecting Partner operated flights, by segment.
- Applies only to Miles accumulated for the basic mileage for a segment, with accrual rates based on the booking class and fare type. Excludes Bonus Miles, such as Campaign Miles. Other than ANA Group or Star Alliance member airline or Star Alliance Connecting Partner, hotel miles, Credit card miles etc. are not eligible for premium points.
Mileage accrual rate by booking class and fare type/rule
For ANA Group or Star Alliance member airline or Star Alliance Connecting Partner operated flights, the accrual ratio is based on booking class and fare type.
- Japan domestic flights in Premium class receive a 50% bonus mile which is also eligible for Premium Points.
- Japan Domestic Flights ×2
- International Flights
- ANA Group operated flights on routes between Japan and Asia, Japan and Oceania. ×1.5
- Other routes on ANA Group operated flights, Star Alliance Member Airline operated flights, Star Alliance Connecting Partner operated flights ×1
Points awarded based on boarding class and fare.
Japan Domestic Flights
|Eligible fares for Japan domestic flights||Boarding Points (per sector)|
|Premium Flex Fare, Premium Flex Fare(Child), Premium Disability Discount, ANA VALUE PREMIUM(Child)/ANA SUPER VALUE PREMIUM(Child), ANA VALUE PREMIUM 3, ANA SUPER VALUE PREMIUM 28, Premium Shareholder's Benefit Discount, Premium Shareholder's Benefit Discount(Child), ANA FLEX, Flex Fare for ANA Card Holder, Flex Child Fare, Disability Discount, Caregiver's Fare, ANA VALUE (Child)/ANA SUPER VALUE(Child), ANA SUPER VALUE EARLY(Child), ANA VALUE(ANA VALUE A/B/C), ANA VALUE 1, ANA VALUE 3, Shareholder's Benefit Discount, Shareholder's Benefit Discount(Child), Premium @Biz (available on ANA@desk only), @Biz (available on ANA@desk only), Premium Flex Fare for ANA Card Holder, etc.||400 points|
|ANA VALUE TRANSIT 7, ANA VALUE TRANSIT, ANA VALUE TRANSIT 28||200 points|
|All types of "Islands" tickets, International Flight Tickets (Domestic Segments), ANA SUPER VALUE 21(ANA SUPER VALUE 21A/B), ANA SUPER VALUE 28, ANA SUPER VALUE 45, ANA SUPER VALUE 55, ANA SUPER VALUE 75, ANA SUPER VALUE SALE, ANA SUPER VALUE EARLY, AMC Companion Fare (traveling guests), Youth Special, Senior Special, Premium Inclusive Tour Discount Fare, Individual Inclusive Tour Discount Fare, Inclusive Tour DP Basic Fare, Visit-Japan Individual Inclusive DP Tour Discount fare, DP Limited Travel Basic Fare (Inclusive Tour MDP Discount), ANA SUPER VALUE 75 & JR Ticket, etc.||0 points|
- Japan domestic segments issued as part of international tickets are ineligible for Boarding Points regardless of fare. (Boarding Points will not awarded even if the fare is eligible for mileage accrual.) Premium Points are awarded as usual. (Basic mileage × Mileage accrual rate by booking class and fare type/rule × route ratio).
- When upgrading to Premium Class by paying the appropriate fee, Boarding Points are awarded based on the original purchased fare. Boarding Points will not be awarded if the original purchased fare was not eligible for Boarding Points.
International Routes: ANA group operated flights
|Class of Service||Booking class||Boarding Points (per sector)|
|First Class||F, A||400 points|
|Business Class||J, C, D, Z, P|
|Premium Economy Class||G, E, N*1|
|Economy Class||Y, B, M|
|U, H, Q, V, W, S, T, L, K||0 points|
- *1.N class is eligible from December 6, 2018.
- Boarding Points for Package Tour fares (or International Inclusive Tour fares) are awarded based on the above booking classes.
International Routes: Flights operated by Star Alliance member and Star Alliance Connecting Partner
|Eligible booking classes||Boarding Points (per sector)|
|All reservation class with accrual rate 100% or more||400 points|
|Reservation classes other than those above||0 points|
- Eligible booking classes for boarding points may change without notice. We thank you in advance for your understanding.