ANA Group ESG Commitments
Through its business activities, the ANA Group has created ESG management aiming for sustainable growth by simultaneously creating social and economic value.
To further promote ESG management, we have established “ESG-related Commitments to 2050” and “SDG-related Commitments to 2030”, regarding environmental and social themes.
Achieve net-zero emissions from Aircraft Flight Operations by Fiscal 2050
- Improve flight operations
- Adopt new aircraft technologies
- Shift to low-carbon aviation fuel, including utilizing Sustainable Aviation Fuel (SAF)
- Utilization of negative emissions technologies (NETs)
- Use of emission trading schemes
Achieve net-zero emissions from all Non-Aircraft Flight Operations by Fiscal 2050
- Energy conservation and renewal of aging facilities and equipment
- Use of renewable energy
- Select Electric Vehicle (EVs) and Fuel Cell Vehicles (FCVs) when upgrading airport vehicles
Reduce resource disposal rate by Fiscal 2050
- Replace disposable plastics for eco-friendly materials
- Promote cargo plastic film (wrap) recycling
- Digitize paper resources (in-flight magazines, timetables, travel brochures, and cargo air waybills)
Reduce food waste rate by 50% by Fiscal 2050
- Monitor the disposal of in-flight and domestic airport lounge meals and reevaluate loading capacity
- Promote measures to prevent illegal wildlife trade
Responsibility to respect human rights
Based on the United Nations Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights, ANA will make every effort to promote the respect of human rights.
Promote responsible procurement and supply-chain management
- Manage and promote an environment-conscious procurement with respect to human rights
- Build and manage a fair and transparent supply-chain
Utilizing innovation to solve social issues
Providing new value through utilizing avatars, drones, MaaS, etc. and cooperating with different industries
Conduct activities to revitalize communities and contribute to society
Responding to the diversity of our customers
Respect the needs and diversity of each customer and promote universal services in both products and services
Human resource development to support sustainable our growth
Human resource development, environment organization which employees can continue working long tarm, Productivity improvement of employees, for sustainable our growth.
Improve corporate value sustainably by setting long-term goals for environmental and social themes and working with governance functions
- THE INCLUSION OF ANA HOLDINGS INC. IN ANY MSCI INDEX, AND THE USE OF MSCI LOGOS, TRADEMARKS, SERVICE MARKS OR INDEX NAMES HEREIN, DO NOT CONSTITUTE A SPONSORSHIP, ENDORSEMENT OR PROMOTION OF ANA HOLDINGS INC. BY MSCI OR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES.
THE MSCI INDEXES ARE THE EXCLUSIVE PROPERTY OF MSCI. MSCI AND THE MSCI INDEX NAMES AND LOGOS ARE TRADEMARKS OR SERVICE MARKS OF MSCI OR ITS AFFILIATES.
Process to Establish ANA Group ESG Commitments
We developed ANA Group ESG Commitments in three steps.
Please see the Process to Establish ANA Group ESG Commitments for more details.