Bicycles and Sporting Equipment (International Flights)
- If a codeshare flight or flight operated by another airline is included in the itinerary, the baggage rules of the other airline may apply.
- When traveling on Japanese domestic sectors using a ticket for which the International Conditions of Carriage apply, the baggage rules for international flights will apply.
- Please be advised that in the event that it is impossible to confirm whether or not an item can be transported by airplane before the departure time, the request for transport may be rejected.
Checking in Bicycles or Sporting Equipment
Sporting equipment (e.g., bicycles, surfboards, golf bags, fishing equipment, diving equipment, rackets) can be checked in provided that they do not exceed 45 kg in weight or 292 cm in total linear dimension (length, width, and height combined).
Such equipment will be included in your free baggage allowance, but the prescribed excess baggage charge will apply if the allowance is exceeded.
Weight restrictions may also be in place for checked baggage on certain routes. Please see Bulky Baggage to confirm restrictions by route.
It may not be possible check in large pieces of sporting equipment for some aircraft types due to limited loading space. Please see Restrictions By Aircraft Type and Flight Route beforehand to confirm the maximum lengths permitted.
Bicycles with a total linear dimension exceeding 203 cm can also be checked in provided that they can be loaded into the aircraft's cargo compartment. Please check the size and weight, and then contact ANA by telephone.
- If a bicycle is not packaged or protected, or the packaging is not suitable or adequate, please be advised that ANA is not responsible for damage or loss.
- Tennis and badminton rackets can be checked in or carried on board if they meet the size requirements.
- Electric vehicles and electric bicycles are not permitted to be checked in or carried on board.
- Baggage is handled with considerable care, but if the baggage happens to be damaged due to an inherent defect or property, please be advised that ANA will not be liable.
|158 cm (62 in.) to 292 cm (115 in.)||Excess baggage charge for oversize baggage is waived
Restrictions due to aircraft type and flight route apply *1.
|Exceeding 292 cm (115 in.)||Not accepted as checked baggage|
- If the baggage exceeds the free baggage allowance, it will be subject to the applicable excess baggage charge. However, baggage exceeding size (Total linear dimensions) will not be considered as above.
- Please notify ANA by telephone in advance about baggage with total linear dimensions that exceed 203 cm (80 in.).
Please contact ANA at your earliest convenience as the confirmation may take some time.
Flight from Narita to Honolulu in Economy Class
1 piece of baggage (within 23 kg/50 lb, total linear dimensions within 158 cm/62 in.) and 1 golf bag (within 30 kg/66 lb, total linear dimensions within 203 cm/82 in.)
Excess baggage charge = JPY 6,000 (for overweight)
For tickets issued on and after November 25, 2015,
excess baggage charges are not applied to sporting equipment of a size of less than 292 cm (115 in.).
- The currency and fee applied vary depending on the itinerary, the sector on which baggage is checked in, as well as the airport at which the payment is made. For details, please refer to Excess Baggage Charges.