Enryakuji Temple on Mount Hiei is known as the "birthplace of Buddhism in Japan" and is the headquarters of the Tendai sect of Mahayana Buddhism, having been established by Saicho over 1,200 years ago. Although a visit to Enryakuji Temple is its main attraction, this route is also filled with the charms of Fushimi and Uji in Kyoto through sake tasting and a tea ceremony experience.
*Pinch to Zoom
The Kyoto-Osaka Sightseeing Pass can only be purchased by tourists from abroad and is very useful for travel and sightseeing in Osaka and Kyoto.
Select location to view on map
- Approx. 2 hours 10 minutes by train and walk
- 1 Approx. 20 minutes by train and walk
- 2 Approx. 25 minutes by train and walk
- 3 Approx. 25 minutes by train and walk
- 4 Approx. 15 minutes by train and walk
- 5 Approx. 1 hour 15 minutes by train and walk
- 6 Approx. 30 minutes by cable car and walk
- 7 Approx. 2 hours 20 minutes by train and walk
- Please refer to the travel time as a guide