ANA once again recognized for 'World's Best Airport Services'
'Best Airline Staff in Asia' at the SKYTRAX World Airline Awards
'World's Best Airport Services' award for the 6th time
'Best Airline Staff in Asia' award for the 4th time
PARIS - June 20, 2017 - ANA, Japan’s only 5-Star airline, has once again been recognized as the world’s leading airline in two categories at the prestigious 2017 World Airline Awards hosted by SKYTRAX. The awards for “World’s Best Airport Services” and “Best Airline Staff in Asia” were presented in a special ceremony at the International Paris Airshow today.
SKYTRAX attributed the awards to ANA's consistent pursuit of excellence in customer service, both in flight and on board. The SKYTRAX World Airline Awards are determined by the results of an online survey completed by passengers worldwide. 2017 marks the sixth time ANA has earned the 'World's Best Airport Services' award, and the fifth consecutive year it has won in this category. It is also the fourth time ANA has been commended for having the 'Best Airline Staff in Asia', and the third consecutive year it has won in this category.
The 'World's Best Airport Services' award is presented to the airline that receives the highest level of customer satisfaction across the full range of airport services. It embodies the high quality of service ANA staff provide across the airline's 42 destinations worldwide. ANA endeavors to deliver customer service tailored to each passenger's needs at all stages of the airport experience, including the check-in counter, lounges and at the boarding gate. Below are some of the activities ANA carried out to make a smoother experience at the airport.
- ・Renewed the counter layout in the Narita Airport departure lobby, installed automatic check-in machines and clearer directions how to board
- ・In the ANA Lounge at Narita Airport, began a "Chef Service" where the chefs prepare and directly serve customers nigiri-zushi (sushi by hand) and other dishes
- ・Renewed the departure lobby at Haneda Airport Terminal 2, color coding counters by function and adding signage with easier to understand text and icons, winning the Good Design award
- ・Launched "ANA Baggage Drop," the first automatic service of its kind in Japan
For the 'Best Airlines Staff in Asia' award, SKYTRAX recognized the coordinated efforts of ANA airport staff and cabin crew to continually improve service quality. SKYTRAX commended ANA for going above and beyond all other airlines headquartered in Asia to provide the ultimate customer service both on the ground and in the air. The following are some of the measures ANA staff have taken to further improve their service.
- ・Deployed the "ANA Communication Board" supporting 17 languages to foster better communication and improved support for international customers
- ・Installed Japan's first ever "Remote Sign-Language Interpretation Service" to improve service for passengers with speaking or hearing impairments
- ・Conducted training for staff at departure counters and lounges so they can more actively understand and serve passengers' requests
- ・To enhance services for the growing number of international passengers, expanded international hiring beyond Shanghai and London to include Thailand and Hong Kong as well
- ・Introduced an airport customer service skill contest to improve hospitality, as well as an OMOTENASHI (Japanese hospitality) expert contest for cabin attendants
Mr. Yuji Hirako, President and CEO of ANA, commented on the awards: "As a global leading airline, ANA continues to provide our passengers with world class service, and we are honored that SKYTRAX and its readers have once again recognized our commitment to deliver the best passenger comfort, convenience and safety. Our new efforts such as the ANA Communication Board and universally accessible entertainment on international flights symbolize our pursuit of excellence with a touch of Japanese hospitality, from the moment our passengers check in until they leave the airport at their destination.
These awards would not be possible without our hard-working staff on the ground and on board, supported by inspiring training programs and innovative new services. Most of all, I would like to thank all our customers for voting for us and continuing to make ANA Japan's leading airline."
SKYTRAX, established in 1989 and based in London, is an airline industry consulting and rating company. The annual awards are based on independently-run customer surveys, including on-line questionnaires, covering more than 300 airlines. In addition to the World Airline Awards, SKYTRAX also compiles an Airline Star Ranking, which ranks airlines on a scale of one to five. ANA's current rating is the maximum five stars, which it has won for four consecutive years. ANA's past record of category awards from SKYTRAX is as follows:
・2011: World's Best Airport Services, Staff Service Excellence, Asia
・2012: Best Transpacific Airline
・2013: World's Best Airport Services, Best Cabin Cleanliness
・2014: World's Best Airport Services, Best Transpacific Airline
・2015: World's Best Airport Services, Best Airline Staff in Asia
・2016: World's Best Airport Services, Best Airline Staff in Asia
Contact: Wataru Yoshioka and Naheel Dajany, ANA Corporate Communications, TEL +81-3-6735-1111
ANA is the largest airline in Japan by revenues and passenger numbers. Founded in 1952, ANA flies today on 87 international routes and 116 domestic routes. The ANA group has 35,000 employees and a fleet of about 250 aircraft. In FY2016, it carried 52.1 million passengers and generated revenues of 1.77 trillion Japanese yen. ANA has been a member of Star Alliance since 1999, and has joint-ventures with United Airlines on trans-Pacific and Asia routes, and with Lufthansa, Swiss International Airlines and Austrian Airlines on Japan-Europe routes. Its Frequent Flyer Program, ANA Mileage Club, has more than 26 million members. ANA was voted Airline of the Year for 2013 by Air Transport World Magazine, and in 2017 was awarded five stars for the fifth consecutive year by the world's leading Airline and Airport review site, SKYTRAX. ANA is the launch customer and biggest operator of the Boeing 787 Dreamliner.