What is ANA Card Family Miles?
ANA Card Family Miles is a service that is only available to ANA Card members. This service allows family members to combine their individually earned miles to reach the amount required to redeem an award. If a single family member does not have enough miles to redeem an award, other family members can contribute the needed amount to expand mileage redemption possibilities.
- *Cards which have "ANA CARD" printed on the front side are referred to as ANA Cards.
There is no registration fee. *Registration procedures are required.
Here is an example of how this service can be used!
Freely decide when and where to go! Enjoy redeeming tickets as a family!
- ●The parents can go on a trip: Tokyo-Sapporo (Roundtrip) 24,000 miles *1
- ●One of the children can take a trip: Tokyo-Okinawa (Roundtrip) 14,000 miles *1
- *1 Low Season
Customers who are less than 18 years of age, or are 18 years of age but are still high school students, will need to apply for an ANA Mileage Club Card.
Select a person from among the ANA Card primary cardholders to be the family's primary member.
- *The primary member must be the primary account holder of an ANA Card that is used as their main card.
Please designate persons who are registered to the primary member's family registry, within the first degree of kinship (spouse, same-sex partner, etc.), and who live together with the primary member as family members for this service.
A minimum of 1 and a maximum of 9 family members can be registered.
All Family Members Are the Primary Member's ANA Card Family Card Cardholders
Family Members Are Not the Primary Member's ANA Card Family Card Cardholders
- ●Apply with Application Form
Please download the ANA Card Family Miles Application Form. Fill out the required information, prepare the following documents, and send it back by post. After the application form has been received, approximately 2 weeks will be required to complete registration processing.
- ●Confirmation Documents
Please include one of the following documents with the application form.
- A copy of a medical insurance card. (Required for all family members who are being registered for the service. Make a copy of the side of the card which indicates the name, date of birth, and address. A copy of both sides of the card may be required depending on the type of card.)
- Certificate of Residence [Only valid if within 3 months of its issue date. It must indicate the name, date of birth, and relationship of all family members who are being registered for the service (it should not indicate their "My Number" personal identification numbers). Copies accepted.]
- *If the personal identification numbers are shown on the certificate, please cross them out with an oil-based black marker as a photocopy prevention measure before sending it.
- *For partners in same-sex marriages, include either a certificate of residence or an official document from a local government authority which certifies their partnership status with the application form.
When registering family members who are not living together due to employment, education, or medical reasons, one of the following documents is required.
- A copy of the person's medical insurance card (same as above)
- Family register (Only valid if within 3 months of its issue date. Copies accepted.)
- *Personal identification number (My Number) cards and associated notice cards cannot be used as confirmation documents.
- *For partners in same-sex marriages, an official document from a local government authority which certifies their partnership status is required.
- ●Address for Sending Application
ANA Mileage Club Service Center
Attn: ANA Card Family Miles Application Processing
Kamata Post Office, 144-8526
- *All submitted documents will not be returned.
The combined amount of miles can be confirmed from the primary member's mileage account balance.
Registration for the service is completed when ANA Card Family Miles Combined Mileage Account Balance is displayed.
- *The combined amount of miles cannot be confirmed from the mileage account balances of other family members. Miles are deducted from each contributing family member's mileage account.
ANA Card primary cardholders who reside in Japan and family members (persons who are registered to the same family registry and within the first degree of kinship (spouse, same-sex partner, etc.)) who live together with said primary cardholder are eligible for this service.
- Primary Member
- The primary account holder for an ANA Card. This person uses said ANA Card as their main card.
- Family Member 1
- An ANA Card primary cardholder or ANA Card family card cardholder who is registered to the primary member's family registry and lives together with the primary member.
- Family Member 2
- An ANA Mileage Card cardholder (less than 18 years of age, or are 18 years of age but is still a high school student) who is registered to the primary member's family registry and lives together with the primary member.
- ANA Super Flyers Card cardholders are also eligible.
- ANA Mileage Club Card cardholders can continue to use the ANA Card Family Miles service after becoming 18 years old or graduating from high school if they enroll in an ANA Card. In this case, such customers will need to include their existing 10-digit ANA Mileage Club membership number when filling out their ANA Card enrollment application, or complete procedures to combine mileage accounts after receiving their ANA Cards.
If an ANA Mileage Club member has multiple ANA Cards under a single mileage account, the card which they have designated as the primary card for their mileage account is referred to as the "main card."
- *Customers who have ANA Card (Corporate) are not eligible.
- *Customers who have registered a postal address that is outside Japan on their ANA Mileage Club accounts are not eligible.
- *A customer cannot be included in multiple ANA Card Family Miles groups at the same time.
- *Customers cannot use both ANA Card Family Miles and ANA Family Account Service (intended for customers residing outside Japan) at the same time.
Awards Which Are Eligible for Redemption Through ANA Card Family Miles
- □ANA Domestic Flight Awards
- □ANA International Flight Awards
- □ANA International Upgrade Awards
- □ANA Partner Airline Flight Awards
- □ANA SKY COIN
- *Other awards which are not listed above, Vanilla Air Flight Awards, and ANA Mileage Club Companion Fares are not eligible.
How to Apply
- Awards which are redeemed through ANA Card Family Miles can be used by the primary member's spouse or same-sex partner and family members within 2 degrees of kinship who are registered as Award Users.
- When redeeming an award through ANA Card Family Miles, the primary member must complete the application procedures. Applications are accepted through the ANA website (desktop version only) or the ANA Mileage Club Service Center (select  for Domestic Flight Award Reservations or  for International Flight and Flight Award Reservations).
- When redeeming awards, customers can select whether to do so with ANA Card Family Miles or use only their own miles.
- When redeeming an award through ANA Card Family Miles, miles will be deducted from each contributing group member in order of earliest expiration date. If several amounts of miles have the same expiration date, deduction will be in the following order: the ANA Mileage Club account with the lowest mileage balance, primary member account, family member account.
Reservation Changes and Refunds
- From April 12, 2015, all reservation changes for ANA international flight awards and ANA partner airline flight awards have been handled through the ANA website.
- *Some itineraries cannot be changed. In such cases, please contact the ANA Mileage Club Service Center by phone (select  for International Flight and Flight Award Reservations).
- Changes to ANA Domestic Flight Award reservations and refunds for all award types are handled by the ANA Mileage Club Service Center (select  for Domestic Flight Award Reservations or  for International Flight and Flight Award Reservations).
Changes and Cancellations at the Customer's Request
- To make changes to registered information or cancel the service, please contact the ANA Mileage Club Service Center (select  for Mileage Service Inquiries). The primary member must complete the procedures.
- When requesting a change or cancellation, a service charge (5,000 miles per person) will apply.
- *Exception: Service charges will not apply to changes and cancellations which are family registry-related (marriage, death, etc.). However, official documents to verify the relevant family registry change will be required.
- ANA Card Family Miles service will be automatically canceled if a customer changes their country of residence to outside Japan or cancels their ANA Card enrollment.
- If the primary member cancels their ANA Card Family Miles service, all registered family members will also be automatically removed from the service.
- If the primary member switches from being an ANA Card primary cardholder to an ANA Card family card cardholder, their ANA Card Family Miles service will automatically be canceled.
- If a family member who has an ANA Mileage Club Card becomes 18 years of age (excluding high school students) and does not enroll in an ANA Card, they will be automatically removed from the service.
- If a customer who is registered to ANA Card Family Miles switches to a different type of ANA Card or an ANA Card that is issued by a different credit card company, their registration status may not be automatically transferred to the new card. Please reconfirm the registration status after receiving the new card.