Baggage (Check-in Procedures, Carry-on, Inspections) [Japan Domestic Flights]
- (From November 1, 2021) Discontinue the distribution of plastic bags for baggage packing at airports
- Transport of Lithium Battery-powered Electronic Devices Subject to Recall
- There are many mobile batteries for which the watt-hour rating (Wh) is not indicated.
Mobile batteries with built-in lithium ion batteries may be taken on board if their watt-hour rating (Wh) is no greater than 160 Wh. However, if the watt-hour rating (Wh) is not specified, the mobile battery will not be permitted in carry-on or checked baggage, the same as for those with a rating of over 160 Wh. Please check the watt-hour rating (Wh) before you travel. For further handling details, please see Items With Conditions Attached to Their Carry-on or Check-in [Japan Domestic Flights].
- Please note that sharp objects such as scissors, knives and cutters are not permitted to be carried on board. We kindly ask that you check in these items at a baggage drop counter before departure.
- Please note that certain items are not permitted to be checked in or carried on board. Please see the typical examples of dangerous goods which are not permitted to be checked in or carried on board (website of Japan's Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism).