Baggage (Check-in Procedures, Carry-on, Inspections) [Japan Domestic Flights]
- Transport of Lithium Battery-powered Electronic Devices Subject to Recall
- Change to Baggage Check-in Procedures
- Baggage handling will be partially changed from January 1, 2021 due to the revisions made by the Japanese Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism (MLIT) and IATA to their Dangerous Goods Regulations.
The handling of spare electric wheelchair batteries (dry batteries e.g., nickel-metal hydride, nickel-cadmium) and inflatable life vest and spare cylinders has changed.
The handling of other items has also changed. For details on these, please contact us.
- Please note that sharp objects such as scissors, knives and cutters are not permitted to be carried on board. We kindly ask that you check in these items at a baggage drop counter before departure.
- Please note that certain items are not permitted to be checked in or carried on board. Please see the typical examples of dangerous goods which are not permitted to be checked in or carried on board (website of Japan's Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism).