We offer a range of meals that cater for a wide variety of dietary requirements to ensure that everyone's needs are met.
Our lineup includes not only allergen-free meals but also dietary meals, religious meals, meals for infants and small children, and more besides. Please do not hesitate to request the meal you require for a safe and comfortable flight.
Allergen Free Meals
Special Meals – Free from Allergens
Safety is the ANA Group's top priority for meal provision as well.
The allergen-free meals served on ANA Group-operated flights*1 are prepared by a company with many years of experience in handling allergen-free food items. None of these meals are prepared in ANA's kitchens.
- 1.Excludes codeshare flights. Please consult the operating airline for codeshare flights, as their policy may differ.
7 Allergen Free Meal
does not contain any of the 7 major allergens (wheat, buckwheat, dairy products, eggs, peanuts, shrimp and crab)
28 Allergen Free Meal
does not contain 7 major allergens above and further 21 allergens (abalone, squid, salmon roe, orange, kiwifruit, beef, walnut, salmon, mackerel, soybean, poultry, banana, pork, matsutake mushroom, peach, yam, apple, gelatin, sesame and cashew nuts, almond)
- Please note that, as the 7 and 28 allergens are ingredients specified by the Japanese Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare, we are unable to handle requests for meals free of other allergens.
There is the possibility, however, of ingesting small amounts of allergens through floating matter in the aircraft, and therefore passengers with allergies or other intolerance are advised to carry any medicine or shots (EpiPen, etc.) prescribed by their doctor on board, so as to be prepared to take care of themselves in case they experience an allergic reaction.
Furthermore, passengers with serious medical conditions are asked to consult their doctor prior to the flight, and to also consider preparing their own meals to carry on to the flight.
Baby and Child Meals
Baby Meal (BBML)
This meal is for infants aged under 2 years old. Pre-weaning and post-weaning baby meals such as pureed foods and soup are included.
Child Meal (CHML)
This meal is for children (ages 2-5). Meals include sandwiches and fruits, and are soft and easy to chew.
- Available for children occupying their own seat.
Vegetarian Lacto-Ovo Meal (VLML)
This is a Vegetarian meal that does not use any meat products and fish. Please note that it contains eggs and/or dairy products.
Vegan Meal (VGML)
Any meat products, fish, eggs, honey, or dairy products will not be used under any circumstances.
Vegetarian Raw Meal (RVML)
This vegetarian option is prepared for passengers who only require raw fruits and vegetables. This meal does not contain the following; highly processed foods, additives/preservatives, cooked fruits and vegetables, animal products, and animal-derived ingredients.
Vegetarian Oriental Meal (VOML)
This meal is for passengers who prefer oriental vegetarian option. It does not contain any animal products, animal-derived ingredients, eggs, or dairy products.
Hindu Meal (HNML)
This meal will be prepared in accordance with Hindu dietary laws. Beef, pork will not be served and ingredients will not contain alcohol. Mainly, boiled fish, chicken, mutton, seafood, rice, and fruits will be served.
Hindu/Asian Vegetarian Meal (AVML)
This meal contains spicy vegetarian combinations which may include limited use of dairy products.Any meat products will not be used. In addition, fish, eggs, fowl or products with lard or gelatin will not be contained.
Muslim Meal (MOML)
This meal will be prepared in accordance with the regulations and customs of Islam. It will not contain pork products, gelatin, alcohol, flavoring extracts made from alcohol, or seafood from species without scales or fins.
Kosher Meal (KSML)
This meal is blessed and sealed according to Jewish kosher laws and customs. Meals will be served in a sealed package.
ANA does not provide Passover meals (which are made of unleavened products).
- Not available at some airports.
Vegetarian Jain Meal (VJML)
This meal is prepared in accordance with Jain doctrine.It does not contain meat, fish, eggs, dairy, or other animal products. In addition, it also does not contain root vegetables.
- Not available at some airports.
Diabetic Meal (DBML)
This meal contains low-fat meat, high-fiber ingredients. For passengers wth diabetes.
Low Salt Meal (LSML)
This meal is prepared with limited use of sodium.
Low Fat Meal (LFML)
This meal contains limited fat and cholesterol. Low-fat meat and high-fiber ingredients will be offered.
Low Calorie Meal (LCML)
This meal will be offered with less than 400 calories per meal which is designed to fit into a daily diet of less than 1200 calories.
Bland Meal (BLML)
This meal is designed to be easy to digest for passengers with gastrointestinal ailments. It contains no strongly flavored or deep-fried foods, black pepper, chili powder or other items that cause gastric irritation.
Gluten Free Meal (GFML)
This meal is designed for passengers on a gluten-free diet. No wheat, rye, oats, barley, triticale, kamut, spelt, flour, starch and semolina.
- Not suitable for those who are allergic to wheat flour.
- Please note that we cannot completely prevent risks of cross contamination during the production process.
Low Lactose meal (NLML)
This meal is for those who require a lactose-restricted meal option. It does not contain any lactose ingredients, which includes dairy products.
- Not suitable for those who are allergic to milk products.
Fruit Platter Meal (FPML)
This meal is for passengers who prefer a fruit-only meal option. The fruits are complete additive/preservatives-free.
Seafood meal (SFML)
This meal is for passengers who prefer a seafood- based (fish/shellfish) option. It does not contain any meat products.
- Sample image.
- Please accept our apologies in the event that your meal selection is not available.
- The meals above are made with the ingredients permissible for each SPML based on the QSAI（Quality & Safety Alliance Inflight Services）guideline.
Deadlines and Points of Contact for Applications
If you would like to request a special meal, please do so via the relevant channel by the applicable application deadline.
|Meal Type||Application Deadline
Prior to departure of ANA-operated flight
|How to Apply|
|Allergen-free Meal||Up to 24 hours (Flights from Japan)
Up to 48 hours (Flights to Japan)
(Not available through the ANA website)
|Special meals aside from the above||Up to 24 hours||ANA website
- Requested special meals may be cancelled upon changing your flight reservation. After completing your reservation change, please confirm the services for which you are registered.
- Please note that it is not possible to change or cancel a special meal request less than 24 hours before the scheduled departure of your flight.
- Only special meal requests for ANA-operated flights can be made through the ANA website. If the reservation includes flights that are operated by other airlines, please contact ANA by phone to make the request.
If you purchased your ticket at a travel agency, please make requests through the travel agency.
- For passengers who have reserved a special meal, the cabin crew will confirm your request on board. Please be sure to be seated in your own seat.
- Some meal options will not be available depending on the departure airport.
- Vegetarian Jain Meal: Departures from Brussels, Ho Chi Minh City
- Kosher Meal: Departures from India, Phnom Penh, Shenyang, Shenzhen
- Seafood Meal: Departures from Phnom Penh
Requests for special meals are to be made separately after booking your flight tickets. For more details please see How to apply.