Passengers traveling with infants or small children (International Flights)
Assistance for passengers traveling with infants or small children
We provide assistance for passengers traveling with infants or small children.
- This service applies only to ANA operated flights. For codeshare flights and flights operated by other carriers, please check with the operating carrier.
Please read this if you are traveling with a small child
This guide provides useful information for traveling with infants and the relevant services available at the airport and inside the plane.
We hope it will be useful during your flights with ANA.
Services at the Departure Airport
Support at the airport (Please reserve in advance by telephone) (by 72 hours prior to departure)
Baby stroller rental service
Baby strollers are available for passengers with infants (both types A and B are available).
If you wish to use a baby stroller, please let us know when you check in.
You can use a borrowed baby stroller (type A or type B) from the counter until the boarding gate.
- Limited numbers are available (prior reservation is not available).
- Not available at some airports.
- Please check in* your stroller with all personal items removed.
- Stroller can be checked free of charge.
Please confirm the items below if you wish to bring your baby stroller on board.
- You can confirm the size regulations for carry-on baggage for International flights from "Carry-on Baggage Size and Rules (International Flights)".
- As only one item of carry-on baggage is allowed per passenger, passengers bringing a baby stroller on board cannot bring other carry-on items with them aside from personal effects such as handbags, cameras or umbrellas.
- Please fold and store your baby stroller in a case before passing through the ticket gate. If you do not have a case of your own, our staff will provide you with a plastic bag specifically for use with baggage.
Correct Way of Sitting (Passengers accompanied by a child not occupying their own seat)
Fasten the seat belt over yourself only, and hold your baby securely on your lap above the seat belt. If you are using a baby carrier, fasten your seat belt first and then put on the carrier.
Also check "10 Tips for Flying with Babies and Kids Making your journey easier".
Bassinet (Please reserve in advance by telephone)(by 48 hours prior to departure)
Bassinets are provided on all international aircraft for infants not occupying a seat. Please apply by telephone.
- Size: 85cm x 45cm x 33cm
- Weight: maximum 10kg
- The number and position of bassinet seats are limited.
- First Class (on all aircrafts) are excluded from this service.
- Please note that bassinets may differ depending on aircraft.
You will be able to find a lavatory which is equipped with a tabletop for changing diapers.
We also provide a special blanket for passengers who have requested a bassinet.
In addition to being gentle to the touch, the material used in this soft, light blanket strikes a great balance between heat retention, ventilation and absorbency to help your baby relax. Moreover, the blanket is made from the same type of fabric used in Uchino's Marshmallow Puff Gauze, which comes recommended by the Japan Atopic Dermatitis Patients Association.
- OEKO-TEX® STANDARD 100 Product class I
- Patented technology
- Due to be introduced to Japan domestic flights in December 2019
Using carry-on beds for children
When using portable bed products for children (such as JetKids BedBox or Fly-Tot), please use a window seat or a center seat in the section between the aisles as a general rule.
These products cannot be used during taxiing, takeoff, landing, or when the fasten seat belt sign is turned on.
As with other carry-on baggage, carry-on beds must be stored in the overhead compartment or under the seat in front during these times.
Also during cruise, you may be asked to refrain from usage depending on the circumstances.
In order to ensure a safe and comfortable flight, the cabin attendants will check on seatbelt usage and that other passengers are not being inconvenienced.
Baby meals/child meals (special meals)
Baby meals/child meals (must be requested up to 24 hours prior to departure)
Please make your request on the ANA website or by phone
Allergen-free meals (Please reserve in advance by telephone flights departing Japan: up to 24 hours prior to departure / flights arriving in Japan: up to 48 hours prior to departure)
Request cannot be made on the ANA website. Please make your request by phone.
For details of the application method, menus, etc., see Special Meals.
- The menu will differ by route. Please confirm details at the time of reservation.
- Please note that we may not be able to honor your request depending on factors such as route, aircraft type, etc. Thank you for your understanding.
Powdered milk is available on board. However, we recommend that you bring your own since there are limits in quantities and types. Our cabin crew will be happy to prepare it for you. Please let us know if you would like to take advantage of this service.
Paper diapers (M size and L size) are available on board. However, as there are limits in quantities and types, we recommend that you have an adequate supply of diapers for your trip.
Goods for children (ANA original toys)
ANA original toys are prepared for your little ones to make the journey more enjoyable.
- Sample image
Reliable service in the cabin
We will gladly assist you with stowing your luggage. Please feel free to ask our cabin crew.
Please do not hesitate to contact our cabin crew if you need further assistance.
- Equipment specially designed for airplanes is available on board. Please take care that children do not trap their fingers in the "armrests", "tray tables", "seatbelt buckles", "lavatory door" or "trash box lid."
Take care not to trap your fingers.
Please be aware of your children's safety
Seats (Pre-assigning seats accepted)
Seats can be pre-assigned either online or by telephone.
For safety reasons, please note the following conditions will apply.
- If you want your infant to travel in a seat, please apply by telephone.
- For safety standards, seats on emergency exits rows are not permitted. Additionally, passengers traveling with an infant may not be seated in the same seat row as another passenger traveling with an infant due to limited oxygen mask availability.
- If there is more than one passenger traveling with an infant, please select seats in a different row or on the other side of the aisle.
- We are unable to accept infants (who are at least 8 days old but less than 2 years old applicable to child fare) occupying a seat onboard First Class (on all aircrafts) and Business Class on the Boeing 787aircraft (of a certain model). Only seat pairs next to each other in row D and F, E and G can be assigned for the infant occupying a seat and the accompanying passenger onboard Business Class on the Boeing 777-300ER aircraft.
- Please note that your assigned seat may change due to change in aircraft or other reasons.
- Please note that there may be other times where we may not be able to honor your seat request. See Information Regarding Seat Assignments for details.
Services at the Connecting and Arrival Airport
Support at the airport (Please reserve in advance by telephone)(by 72 hours prior to departure)
Airport support is available for an adult passenger traveling with 1 or more children under 3 years of age. Please apply by telephone.
Airport staff will escort passengers from the disembarking gate to the check-in counter or the boarding gate for a connecting flight. (If the connecting flight will depart from a different terminal, airport staff will escort them to the shuttle bus area).
At the arrival airport
Airport staff will escort passengers from the disembarking gate to the arrival lobby or passenger pick-up area.
See ANA Airport Support for details.
- "-" indicates that it is unavailable.
|Age of child||Accompanying Passenger||Seats||Applicable Fare|
|Less than 8 days after birth||-||Not permitted to travel||-|
|8 days to less than 2 years old||Required||Travel in adult's lap||Infant fare|
|8 days to less than 2 years old||Required||Infant can be seated in a seat. Please hold the infant in your lap when the seat belt sign is turned on. An approved child seat is permitted for use. *1||Child fare|
- *1.ANA does not lend child seats. Customers should bring their own child seat and set by yourselves.
Please see "Child seats" for information on carry-on child seats.
Traveling with infants (aged from 8 days or more to under 2 years)
If you are traveling with an infant, please be sure to inform ANA as there may be boarding limitations.
- Infants and toddlers are to be accompanied by a passenger at least 12 years of age.
- One adult may accompany up to two infants below the age of 2. *2
However, one infant is to occupy a seat to which the child fare will be applied.
- *2.When one adult is accompanied by two infants, child seats are required.
Child passengers (aged from 2 years or more to under 12)
- Children aged under 5 must travel in the same class as an accompanying passenger aged 12 or over.
- Children between 5-11 years of age may travel alone. For details, please see ANA Junior Pilot.
If accompanied by children under 2 years of age
- If not using a seat: Infant fare (10% of applicable adult fare)
- If using a seat: Child fare (75% of applicable adult fare)
- Availability and discount percentage may vary depending on the route and class.
If accompanied by children aged 2-11 years
Child Fare (75% of applicable adult fare)
- Availability and discount percentage may vary depending on the route and class.
Inquiries from within Japan
24hours, open daily
(Fixed rate within Japan)
(Toll call number)
Dial a number above and select "2" when the automated voice system is prompted.
If you need to make an inquiry, please contact the International reservations.
If you need to make an inquiry, please contact the International Reservation (Japan site only).
Inquiries from outside Japan
Please call your respective ANA branch office.
For passengers who require assistance
For your pleasant journey, ANA is happy to help you.
We provide assistance for expectant mothers.
ANA Junior Pilot (Unaccompanied minors)
We provide assistance for children aged 5-11 traveling alone.
We provide assistance for elderly passengers.
Passengers Traveling with Pets
We provide assistance for customers traveling with a much loved pet.
The ANA Group provides assistance to passengers with physical difficulties such as sickness, injury, or disability so that they can enjoy a safe and comfortable flight.