This campaign has ended. Thank you.
During the promotional period shown below, members traveling on international flights can make reservations to upgrade from Economy Class to Premium Economy free of charge.
2019 Diamond Service Members
2019 Platinum Service Members
ANA Super Flyers Members
- Other customers are not eligible. (This also includes passengers accompanying the above-mentioned members under the same reservation number.)
Applicable boarding period
From October 1, 2019 to March 31, 2020
Upgrade Reservation Period
From 27 September, 2019 11:30a.m. (Japan Time) up to 24 hours prior to the departure of the relevant flight
ANA Group(ANA/Air Japan) operated flights
- Not available for codeshare flights with ANA flight numbers which are operated by other airlines, or codeshare flights with other airlines' flight numbers which are operated by ANA.
- Routes for which Premium Economy fares are sold are eligible.
Eligible Booking Classes
All Economy Class booking classes
- This offer is not available when using award tickets.
- Click here to see the booking classes that will be eligible for upgrade reservations after the promotion has finished.
How to Reserve
Reservations can be made through the ANA website and the respective Premium Member service desks.
Please register your 10-digit ANA Mileage Club membership number on your Economy Class reservation record before making your upgrade reservation.
Click the "Request an upgrade" button on the "Itinerary" screen.
On the "ANA International Upgrade Award" screen, simply click "Request".
Under "Upgrade Status" on the "Select your flight(s)" screen, check that "Premium Economy Seats available" or "Premium Economy Waitlisted" is displayed under "Seat Availability", and click "Upgrade".
Under "Upgrade Details" on the "Passenger Information" screen, confirm that the required mileage is zero and select "Next".
Under "Application Information" on the "Review details" screen, check the box next to "I have read and agreed to the information provided herein" and select "Request Upgrade".
Your application is complete once the completion screen is shown. Under "Upgrade Status", please check that "Premium Economy (Upgrade request completed)" or "Premium Economy (Upgrade application completed (waitlist))" is displayed in the "Status" column.
Waitlisting is available until the departure date.
- Based on the seat availability situation for the flight, waitlisting requests may not be accepted.
- ANA international flight awards cannot be used in conjunction with upgrade awards.
- Please register your 10-digit ANA Mileage Club membership number on your Economy Class reservation record before making your upgrade reservation.
- For reservation records containing 2 or more eligible members, upgrade reservations cannot be made on the ANA website.
Please contact us on the phone number for inquiries.
- There are limited number of seats available for this promotion.
- When using upgrade awards, mileage and ANA Premium Point accrual is calculated based on the class of service of the originally purchased ticket.
- Upgrading cannot be used on board.
- A ticket must be purchased for all sectors in order to be eligible for upgrade award waitlisting.
- If a reservation record contains 2 or more passengers and only some of those passengers will make upgrade reservations, the reservation record must first be split.
In this instance, please contact the location where you made your Economy Class reservation and ask them to split your reservation record.
- Please see here for other notes regarding upgrade awards.
- If an adult successfully upgrades to Premium Economy and they share the same reservation record with an infant (aged 0-1) not occupying their own seat, a separate flight ticket must be purchased for that infant with a Premium Economy infant fare (without seat) or child fare (with seat).
- For departures from London airport
Upgrades made through the campaign are also subject to the tax shown below.
For tickets which have already been issued, any differences in taxes for the upgraded class of service must be paid at the airport.
- Air Passenger Duty (UK): Applicable to all passengers departing from airports in the UK.