Trial of IATA Travel Pass
On select international routes, ANA will conduct a trial of the IATA Travel Pass mobile app, which is being developed by the International Air Transport Association (IATA) to allow customers to store their COVID-19 test results within the app and help them seamlessly manage their international travel in the face of constantly changing international COVID-19 health requirements.
Customers who volunteer to participate in the trial will have the opportunity to use the IATA Travel Pass app to easily and securely verify whether their COVID-19 test result meets the health requirements of their destination. Through this trial, ANA will validate the testing and verification components of the IATA Travel Pass app as it seeks to provide customers with greater options to make the international travel process more seamless and secure.
Overview of trial
Customers whose travel details meet the following requirements are eligible to volunteer for the trial.
- The symbol "⇒" indicates the destination.
|NH 186||Tokyo Haneda (HND)
|21:55 – 10:15||May 24, 28, 31, 2021
June 4, 2021
Final destination: Honolulu
|NH 185||Honolulu (HNL)
⇒Tokyo Haneda (HND)
|13:50 – 17:25 (+1)||May 25, 29, 2021
June 1, 5, 2021
|NH 110||Tokyo Haneda (HND)
⇒New York (JFK)
|10:20–10:15||May 24, 25, 28, 29, 31, 2021
June 1, 4, 5, 2021
|NH 109||New York (JFK)
⇒Tokyo Haneda (HND)
|18:15–21:15 (+1)||May 25, 26, 29, 30, 2021
June 1, 2, 5, 6, 2021
Origin: New York
Other eligibility requirements
- Customers who are 18 years or older
- Customers who have a biometric passport that contains an electronic chip
- Customers who have a smartphone that can read the NFC (Near-field communication) chip contained within their passport
- Customers who take COVID-19 test at the test centers specified on this web page
Benefits for trial participants
Customers who participate in the trial can enjoy the following benefits.
- 1,000 ANA miles deposited to their ANA Mileage Club account after completing the post-check-in survey (Regardless of the number of times a customer participates in the trial)
- Participants of the trial who receive their COVID-19 test result via the IATA Travel Pass app can receive discounts on their test at the following test centers.
- Toho University Haneda Airport Terminal 3 Clinic: 5,500 yen discount from cost of test and negative certificate. (For details on test centers, click STEP3: Make reservation for COVID-19 test at test center).
- CLINIC FOR (Tamachi/Otemachi/Iidabashi): 5,500 yen discount from cost of test and negative certificate. (For details on test centers, click STEP3: Make reservation for COVID-19 test at test center).
How to sign up
Eligible customers can volunteer for the trial by filling out the registration form below at least 5 days before their date of departure (If a customer has a round-trip ticket and both flights meet the eligibility requirements of the trial, the customer is able to sign up for both flights at once).
- For this trial, the IATA Travel Pass app will only be available in English.
- Participating customers must create their digital identity on their app before arriving at a test center.
- When arriving at the test center, trial participants must present both the IATA Travel Pass app and their physical passport so that the test center can verify their identity.
- For the purposes of this trial, participating customers must present both (1) the IATA Travel Pass app and (2) the negative test certificate required by their destination, along with their passport and any other documentation required for travel, upon check-in at the airport.
- Upon entry into their destination, customers must present test result documentation that meets the entry requirements set by federal and local authorities.
- Trial participants will still be required to comply with all existing procedures in relation to COVID-19 health requirements for entry into the United States (including specific requirements for the State of Hawaii or the State of New York) or Japan (For details on existing requirements, click Information Regarding Travel from/to Japan and Other Countries).
- To participate in this trial, customers must take a COVID-19 test required by their destination and receive a negative test result from a test center (For details on test centers, click STEP3: Make reservation for COVID-19 test at test center).
- Participating customers are responsible for covering all fees that arise due to their participation in the trial, including but not limited to mobile device charges, testing fees at specified test centers, and transportation costs.
- Please note that passengers who test positive for COVID-19 will not be allowed to board their flight. All costs associated with any arrangements including accommodation and transportation charges, must be covered by the passenger.
Step-by-step procedures of trial
Submit trial registration form
Download app and create digital identity (Ensure this step is completed before Step 4)
- Download the IATA Travel Pass app from the App Store (iOS).
- The Android app is still in final stages of development and is currently not part of the trial.
- Upon opening the app, input the following 6-digit invitation code: 649668 (iOS)
- Take your profile picture and video and scan your passport to create your digital identity.
- Input your flight details and receive the COVID-19 testing requirements of your destination.
Make reservation for COVID-19 test at test center
Make a reservation for your COVID-19 test that meets the testing requirements of your destination, at any of the following test centers.
Test centers in Tokyo:
- Toho University Haneda Airport Terminal 3 Clinic (Reception hours: 9:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m., 1:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. 7days/week)
- CLINIC FOR Tamachi (Reception hours: Weekdays 9:30 a.m. - 1:20 p.m., 4:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. Weekends/Holidays 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m., 2:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.)
- CLINIC FOR Otemachi (Reception hours: Weekdays 9:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m., 3:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. Weekends/Holidays Off)
- CLINIC FOR Iidabashi (Reception hours: Weekdays 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m., 3:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. Weekends/Holidays 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m., 2:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.)
Test center in Honolulu:
- Doctors of Waikiki / ClinIQ (Open hours: 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 a.m. midnight 7days/week)
- When choosing your test, please select the "PCR + Travel Form" option.
Test center in New York:
- Rapid Test Center / ClinIQ (Open hours: 9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. 7days/week)
- Service Capabilities: Please select "RT-PCR+Japan Travel Medical Certificate [RT-PCR+日本旅行医学証明書]"
- Location: Please select "UWS 252 Columbus Ave"
Take COVID-19 test and receive test result
- Upon arriving at the test center, inform the test center staff of your participation in ANA’s IATA Travel Pass trial and present the e-ticket of your ANA flight as well as the booking confirmation of your test reservation (e.g. email).
- Present your IATA Travel Pass app and your physical passport to allow the test center to verify your identity.
- Take the COVID-19 test and receive your result through the app and through the existing procedure.
Present both app and test result document (or PDF) at check-in
- At the airport check-in counter, present both your app and the relevant test result documentation (or PDF) to the ANA agent.
Submit survey after check-in
- After you check-in, the ANA agent will provide you with a QR code which you can use to access an online survey about your trial experience.
- After submitting the survey, you will receive 1,000 ANA miles in your ANA Mileage Club account.
- Please note that the miles will be deposited to your account by the end of July.
Explanation videos on how the IATA Travel Pass app works
IATA Travel Pass Passenger Process video 1
IATA Travel Pass Passenger Process video 2
Inquiries about the trial
Customers with inquiries about this trial can contact the ANA International Reservation and Customer Service Center:
ANA International Reservation and Customer Service Center
For customers calling from Japan:
Business hours (Japan Standard Time): 8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m., 10:00 p.m. - 8:00 a.m. (7 days/week)
For customers calling from the United States:
Business hours (PDT): 6:00 a.m. - 3:00 a.m. (7 days/week)
Frequently asked questions
A：As the app is still in its development phase, for this trial, you will still be required to present the relevant test result documentation (paper or digital form such as PDF) required by your destination.
A：Yes. This trial will be conducted on a voluntary basis, so even if you don’t use the app, you are able to board, as long as you provide the relevant negative certificate required by your destination.
A：All your personal data will be stored within the app on your mobile device. IATA Travel Pass does not store any data centrally.
No. This trial only relates to the pre-departure COVID-19 test you will receive from a specified test center in order to meet the testing requirement of your destination.
A：No, the IATA Travel Pass app only verifies whether or not you meet the COVID-19 related health requirements of your destination.