Carry-on Baggage Size and Rules [Japan Domestic Flights]
Carry-on Baggage Size and Rule
Total weight of 10 kg or less
- * The weight is the total weight of all personal belongings
100 seats or more
Total linear dimensions (length, width, height) of no more than 115 cm with a length of each side not exceeding 55 cm x 40 cm x 25 cm
- Less than 100 seats The total linear dimensions (length, width, height) per item is no more than 100 cm with a length of each side not exceeding 45cm x 35cm x 20cm
- * Includes wheels and handle
Number of Pieces
Up to 1 piece per passenger
- * Aside from personal belongings (handbag, camera, umbrella, etc.), one piece of baggage that meets the criteria below is allowed.
- * Includes souvenirs or so.
Rules for Carry-on Baggage
Points to note on Carry-on baggage size
- * A baggage within the size specified below may be included in checked baggage when the size is not suited for the cabin.Please check in any baggage (carrying bag, baby stroller, jute bag, etc.) exceeding the following size.
- * If you are carrying on board any baggage exceeding the carry-on baggage allowance, you will be required to pay the Extra seat fare to purchase an additional seat.
- * The baggage inspection machine is equipped with a gauge to check the size.Please check in baggage exceeding the permitted size for carry-on baggage before passing through security.
- * If you carry on board any baggage exceeding the carry-on baggage allowance, it may cause delay or cancellation of your flight. For a Comfortable and Safe Journey, please check in baggage exceeding the permitted size for carry-on baggage before passing through security.
Number of Seats by Aircraft Type
100 seats or more
773, 772, 777, 789, 78P, 78R, 76P, 763, 32A, 32F, 738, 73H, 73L, 73P, 737, 73D, 73X, 735
Less than 100 seats
Q4A/Q84, Q82, CR7
You can confirm which aircraft type will be used for your flight on the Seat Availability Result screen for Japan domestic flights.
How to store Carry-on Baggage inside the cabin
- * Please stow your baggage by yourself under the seat in front or in the overhead compartment.
(Carry on your baggage within the purview of stowable size and weight in the overhead compartment by yourself.)
- * When storing your baggage in the overhead compartment, please make sure everything is stored neatly by ensuring that no baggage may fall out when the compartment is opened. Baggage that is not secured properly may fall out in the event of strong impact and may injure your other passengers.
- * Passengers seated on locations where no seat is placed int front of a cabin monitor or behind a cabin separating wall are required tp keep the area around their feet free of any baggage at all times.
- Frequently Asked Questions